IGNORED

Season 4 - The New HSC - Week 16 = Reactor

Yes, there's an invisible latch , which can flip the screen back, its located on the tip of the bonus cage going into it, it wont kill you to run into the first brick of that cage.

I keep dying trying to find this invisible latch :?

voodoo_chilly has clearly made a pact with the Devil in exchange for Reactor skills. I think that has to be considered cheating of some kind. :evil: I mean, Holy Toledo dude. Nice find on the initials, I had no idea that was there.

Anyway, I thought I had something with my big score, but it's a drop in the bucket. Well done, vc. Enjoy it while it lasts, NCG game will saunter in tomorrow and will have rolled it twice while he was asleep. :D :P

Game of my life, doubled my previous best:

Once I got to the invisible walls/vortex level (the difficulty cap), things got much easier because when times get dire, you just ride the swirl clockwise until the particles all clear. That's probably the key to rollage, but it seems like it will take a long time.

post-409-0-57744100-1430921182_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

voodoo_chilly has clearly made a pact with the Devil in exchange for Reactor skills. I think that has to be considered cheating of some kind. :evil: I mean, Holy Toledo dude. Nice find on the initials, I had no idea that was there.

Anyway, I thought I had something with my big score, but it's a drop in the bucket. Well done, vc. Enjoy it while it lasts, NCG game will saunter in tomorrow and will have rolled it twice while he was asleep. :D :P

Game of my life, doubled my previous best:

Once I got to the invisible walls/vortex level (the difficulty cap), things got much easier because when times get dire, you just ride the swirl clockwise until the particles all clear. That's probably the key to rollage, but it seems like it will take a long time.

Yes, it would take a long time to roll it. For reference, it took me 5 hrs and 5 minutes to get 602K. That's a long time to look a the swirl and it's hallucinating effect! Also, no break spots I can find makes it a true iron-man marathon to roll it. On digital press site, it says there may be 2 different roms - one where the game stops at 999,999 and one that allows to play after score stops at 999,999.

• Like 1

The HTML manual is a bit confusing. It uses the word "level" everywhere. Here's my take on the game progression.

The game has 4 stages:
A) Shielded core, Visible walls

B) Unshielded core, Visible walls

C) Shielded core, Invisible walls

D) Unshielded core, Invisible walls

[stage D repeats indefinitely.]

Within each stage, there are 8 waves:

1) Green* particles, 12 to kill

2) Blue particles, 16 to kill

3) Yellow* particles, 20 to kill

4) Chartreuse* particles, 24 to kill

5) Purple particles, 32 to kill

6) Pink particles, 36 to kill

7) Red particles, 36 to kill

8} Orange particles, 40 to kill

* colors on waves 1, 3, and 4 are all very similar and somewhat greenish/yellow.

Observations:

i) There is NO RUSH to push the control rods and shrink the core. I initially thought you were in a race to prevent the core from going red/vortex. Pushing both sets of control rods only gets you an extra decoy. Shrinking the core makes it easier to navigate, but doesn't prevent a meltdown.

ii) Bumping particles into the little side chambers racks up bonus points (15 per wall hit) that are awarded at the end of each life. Ever see your score roll up a bit after you die? That's the bonus points being awarded. [side question: After a while, the sound that the particles make when they hit the bonus chamber wall changes. Any significance there?]

iii) I don't think there's an invisible switch to re-shield the core. You just have to play through all 8 waves of the stage (B).

Edited by MoomUnit

The HTML manual is a bit confusing. It uses the word "level" everywhere. Here's my take on the game progression.

The game has 4 stages:

A) Shielded core, Visible walls

B) Unshielded core, Visible walls

C) Shielded core, Invisible walls

D) Unshielded core, Invisible walls

[Do the stages cycle? I've never gotten past stage D.]

Within each stage, there are 8 waves:

1) Green* particles, 12 to kill

2) Blue particles, 16 to kill

3) Yellow* particles, 20 to kill

4) Chartreuse* particles, 24 to kill

5) Purple particles, 32 to kill

6) Pink particles, 36 to kill

7) Red particles, 36 to kill

8} Orange particles, 40 to kill

Stage D just repeats over and over. The 8 waves repeat as well within Stage D.

Edited by voodoo_chilly
  • Like 1

FUN GAME !

every time I try i do a tiny bit better... til today I had about 48k & I said "all right I can do this, one more game"

...and bam! ===> 86,986

post-34560-0-34887000-1431157158_thumb.jpg

this is definitely an example of a game i thought was crap until i played it here. being Parker Bros i should have known...

BTW, in case you've noticed we're having a rather Parker-heavy season, we decided to play a bunch of 'em because there were NONE last year :) (one more to go) ...

... cool video clip, MoomUnit. I've been suspecting this was an arcade game but hadn't gotten around to looking into it. yeah it looks impressive!

• Like 3

Up to 45,800. Probably it for me, I'm going to go out and enjoy the sunshine.

I was going to post something about all the Parker Bros. games since I see that Tutankham is next, but you beat me to it. It's definitely not a bad thing, most of them are good games. And my cat's named Parker.

post-5573-0-10580700-1431187565_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

A further musing about the arcade version of this game.

I think that this game could have become a classic, but it lacked one key ingredient: a memorable character(s).

If only they had personified the particles...