IGNORED

SIO2SD troubleshooting (ver 1.3)

hwrd

Hi,

My SIO2SD ver 1.3 stopped functioning today. It was working fine up until now though.

My Atari 800XL boots fine, but the SIO2SD shows no text on the little screen, although it is lit.

It looks like there might be very very brief and fast flashing of the LCD characters on the little screen.

I tried with another flash card inserted (with ATARI folder), and also with no SD card inserted, but no luck in getting the SIO2SD to respond.

Has anyone seen anything similar? Does anyone have any ideas I can do to troubleshoot?

Thanks in advance,

Hwrd (in Canada)

Personally I had this kind of issue and I ended up reflashing the using using my friend's Atmel flasher (which thank goodness was compatible). There is a thread for it... Lotharek provided some of the stuff I needed via email...

It has been working well since. I'm obviously not 100% sure your unit is in the same condition as mine, but mine would light up with no text on the little screen.

Edited by bbking67

Personally I had this kind of issue and I ended up reflashing the using using my friend's Atmel flasher (which thank goodness was compatible). There is a thread for it... Lotharek provided some of the stuff I needed via email...

It has been working well since. I'm obviously not 100% sure your unit is in the same condition as mine, but mine would light up with no text on the little screen.

Thanks, I will hunt down that information.

Thanks again. I am going to pick through this evening...

Worse case, I can buy the SIO2SD without the case (if it is fried)

I can't live without that Galaga port from the PET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

{smiley}

Just an FYI on my SIO2SD:

>>Posted Sun Jan 19, 2014 3:47 PM

>>Fuse chips at my device are always set as they should be, do not play with it. It looks like Your atari doesn`t supply enough current !

>>so, first i would try with another power supply ( of course if flash is still ok...)

Although I used y SIO2SD successfully many times, I think I "browned it out". I recently put the 800XL in the room with my Wifi repeater.

I purposely unplug the 800XL as to not leave the 30+ year PSU running if I only want the repeater on.

I know I have turned on the 800XL several times without the PSU plugged it. I think the SIO2SD got low voltages from that.

Thanks for the help everybody!