IGNORED

That Strange...

Sharky

Ummm.. I prefer to use Atari800WinPlus to play my Atari 800 games and Ive noticed something strange that I cant figure out.

I wanted to play Ultima 2 and in Atari800win (not plus version) it comes out in colour but for Atari800winPlus it comes out in Black&white.

I dont get it, can someone fill me in here... :?

post-2969-1049475302_thumb.png

post-2969-1049475303_thumb.png

ar-ti-fac-ting

ARTIFACTING

Artifacting

You're welcome.

Ha thanks I got it in colour now use Artifacitng option, I thought It was the right model Atari I had to select.

Artifacting. Was that option avaible on a real Atari 800 because my dads Ultima 2 was always Black and white :| ?

Artifacting. Was that option avaible on a real Atari 800 because my dads Ultima 2 was always Black and white :| ?

It wasn't an option, so much as a side-effect.

If you use a monitor with the Chroma/luma interface you don't get artifacting and thus you get B&W in games that utilize Gr.8 and artifacting to get color (Ultima, David's Midnight Magic, Lode Runner, ...)

It wasn't an option, so much as a side-effect.

If you use a monitor with the Chroma/luma interface you don't get artifacting and thus you get B&W in games that utilize Gr.8 and artifacting to get color (Ultima, David's Midnight Magic, Lode Runner, ...)

Oh I see because we just used a normal family television set, but now for the first time I will be able to play my old favourite in Colour!

This is cool then. 8)

Or if you were in a PAL country you got no or very little artifacting on TV 'cos PAL has much better color/luma seperation...

sTeVE

Yes from Australia where we get PAL TVs. I recall it had a little bit of color there and there but no much on Ultima 2 just mainly B/W for Ultima 2.

You are correct Nukey - I got bored waiting for Ultima III :) - I tried to fill the land with planes and horses but that took too long - So I tried filling in the other time zones with ships.

Thank god III came out :D

I really like the Ultima series.

I really like the Ultima series.

Ultima 4 was my best. :D

Played 2-3 on an Atari 800

Played 4 on a C64 (I think the Atari 800 didnt have music)

After 4, well they all are ok but the Ultima magic feeling wore off for me. I guess it was all becoming too serious in graphics, colour and realism.

Mind you Ultima 8 was pathetic. I mean a small island Pagan where you dont know anybody. What the point was that ? :ponder: