IGNORED

So Happy

I am so excited. I got a "light" sixer and when I got it, the bottom said Sunnyvale even though it was a light bottom. Then I notice the grey a/c supply...opened it up to clean and found this. I compared it to my true light sixer and I do believe I got a heavy with a light bottom. The colors are incredible. I love it. Think I will now sell my true light sixer...or maybe I'll just collect one of each. ;)

post-42335-0-08562000-1431048541_thumb.jpg

post-42335-0-83159800-1431048936_thumb.jpg

Edited by reikigal
  • Like 3

Congrats on another nice sixer! I think I read somewhere that the case revisions and the motherboard revisions weren't really aligned at all. In other words, IIIRC, there were motherboard revisions that did actually ship in both heavy and light cases. Or something like that.

Poking around for a citation, though.

That's interesting. The board on this one has the heavy plastic. I love it

Here's an interesting thread. Check out the first post, too, however the post I'm linking to is another instance of a Sears Tele-Games light sixer with what appears to be "heavy" guts. The board is tan, unlike your green one, but is otherwise very similar. (It has the additional capacitor and resistor, the finned heatsink on the regulator, etc.--characteristics the first post in the thread associates with heaviness. :))

Very interesting stuff!

It's hard to know what to make of it all. I don't think it's quite as cut-and-dried as the first post suggests, as others in the thread describe sending in light systems for service and getting heavy boardsets back, or sending in heavy systems for service and getting a light cases back.

I guess the most important thing would be: Have fun with it!

One of my best friends growing up had a Tele-Games sixer. Lots of fond memories...

Edited by jaholmes