IGNORED

Mini memory Cart

TI-GAMER

Buddy bear(?) on ebay seems to have them pretty regularly. He normally sells them between 35-50 with a COPY of the manual. Also this could be a repro cart with a burned rom or replacement clamshell (he once sent me a strike three with obviously reprinted label and not correctly branded or colored clamshell) so just know what you are paying for if you choose this readily available route :)

The Strike Three! cartridges came in several variants back in the day: With a gold foil label on the normal label location or with a typewritten white label on the top of the case. The typewritten label came later (I have both types). As to cases--some were black and some were beige, some had the smooth pebbled square on the underside and some had the standard TI stamp. In the latter instance, there won't be a serial number or an LTA/ATA date (the fields will be blank). Competition Computer and TexComp were the only companies selling cartridge repros. Theirs will often have diagnostics slightly different than the originals of cartridges (and I suspect many the Competition repros (the ones of DataBioTics titles) were actually a batch of surplus TerxComp cartridges that they bought after TexComp shut down, based on the examples I've received over the years). Competition did repro a bunch of Funware titles themselves--those also come in several label varieties (early, white Competition labels and later, photoshopped color labels using the Funware design and no mention of Competition). Competition used original Funware parts for their repros (and the repros were all of titles that had never been released back in the day or (in the case of Schnoz-Ola) which had a very limited number of originals).

I've already parted with my spare MiniMemory, but I'll look to see if I've got any of them in my recent cartridge case purchases.

I want Strike Three!, but it is hard ro find an original.

If you don't mind me asking, what was his asking price for the repro?

I think I paid $25 a couple or years ago. I'm not really into repros, but. Ow that you mention it I haven't seen a cart come up for sale in a while.

Mini Mem is a cool cart. I had two, but gave one to a friend (along with a TI) when he was helping me design graphics for the original Beryl Reichardt demos.

This was before Magellan and before most of the PC-based char designers came out. I gave him the TI and the cart and a BASIC Reference book, he would periodically give me the cart to take home and load the BASIC program and save it to disk.

Then I would give him back the cart with some of MY graphics loaded onto IT. :)

Terribly retro and fun. Good days, for sure.

• Like 1

Some excellent carts there... XB, WRITER, MINIMEM, DM2...

Certainly nothing hyper rare, but a very good grouping of cartridges. The price was solid... Would have liked to have a Writer binder with it, but still... I may have paid that price.

Edited by Opry99er

• 1 month later...

Wow Guys!!! It's only been a couple of hours.

Lots of PM's for these things. I wont have any more available if all of the current offer's go through. If for some reason more become available I will update this post.

Thanks Again!

Edited by TI-GAMER