IGNORED

2015 Houston ArcadeExpo Nov. 13th & 14th 2015

Arenafoot

• 4 weeks later...

The 2015 Houston Area Arcade Expo is taking place November 13th and 14th at the Houston Northwest Crowne Plaza. Hosted by the Houston Area Arcade Group, this is an annual event celebrating the electronic games people love to play. Gamers buy, sell, and trade pinball, video game and game console items, and, best of all, pinballs, arcade cabinets and consoles are set up on free play for the duration of the show.

Highlights for this year's show include:

• 200+ Pinball, Arcade & Console games on free play
  • Screenings of "Atari: Game Over" and "Video Games: The Movie"
  • Showing of "Conjoined: The Movie" and Atari 2600 game by Joe Grisaffi
  • Premier of arcade movie "Man VS Snake"
  • Large variety of great talks and workshops throughout the weekend
  • Special guests include Billy Mitchell, Walter Day, Ken Graham, and Joe Balcer
  • Atari 2600 Homebrew Programming talk by Darrell Spice, Jr.
  • Game swap meet Saturday morning at 8am
  • Tournaments with prizes throughout the weekend
  • Cosplay arcade costume contest Saturday
Here's a promo video the show's organizers put together:

AtariAge will be at the event, and we're setting up a large console area with a variety of classic systems and games, as well as some newer homebrews for you to try. There aren't many opportunities to enjoy large collections of classic arcade games and pinball machines, so if you are in the Houston area (or can get there!), you should be at this expo! Admission is $25 for a weekend pass or $15 for a single day (you save $10 by purchasing your tickets in advance). For more information, please visitArcadeCenter.com.

• Like 1

Ok, well, I drove all the way out here and these people want ,25 dollars just to get in for today. It be nice if the info posted on here was accurate. Guess I won't get to see atariage's setup after all. Thanks for a wasted afternoon.

Man, sorry to hear that--wish I had known, I would have gotten you in. :(

..Al

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

My pictures are finally up! I again only had my chintzy phone camera, so I didn't take a whole lot. I still need to work some descriptions, but in the meantime, linky. Of course no one can touch the quantity and quality of pictures Keith and his minions take, and if you haven't already, you'll definitely want to check them out as well, starting here. I may or may not be lurking in a few of them.

Arenafoot, Albert told me he saw you at the Expo. I had my Commie drives there, and I'm really sorry we didn't get in touch. Next opportunity I'll try to be more easily contacted.

I have one or two other amusing stories to share, but time is short, so for now I'll just give a quick and very belated thank-you to Albert and Darrell for helping make it another fun and informative expo.

Until later!

• Like 2

Arenafoot, Albert told me he saw you at the Expo. I had my Commie drives there, and I'm really sorry we didn't get in touch. Next opportunity I'll try to be more easily contacted.

Nice pics Fuji! I still need to upload mine and the videos from Walter, Brett, and Darrell.

Shoot! I had my box of floppies Saturday morning and was able to test only 3 of them. That was the only Apple compatible disks that I found in the box. Surprisingly all 3 actually worked! Thanks for bringing it though.

Do tell your stories when you get a chance.