IGNORED

Season 4 - The New HSC - Week 17 = Tutankham

S.BAZ

This game makes me cuss a lot. Therefore, it is a good game.

This game makes me cuss a lot because it is a BAD game.

Well, not completely bad. But it is very touchy and frustrating, and it could have been such a great game with a bit of polishing.

1) The fact that you have to be moving left/right to shoot left/right is REALLY unnecessary.

2) Monster generators should flash (along with the splash warning) to indicate where a monster is appearing.

3) Rounding corners should be easier.

1) The fact that you have to be moving left/right to shoot left/right is REALLY unnecessary.

You do know that if you are still you can hold fire button (first...and HOLD) THEN direction and it will fire and you will stay put. In fact on some levels (right before last monster cage before exit in L3 ) it is required to get past last monster cage. Hold fire then HOLD direction in short passages and you get rapid fire. Another tip - Say you are running RIGHT and have a monster on your tail and need to shoot left...While running right, hold fire (meaning press fire and hold it in) and tap left to kill him and not run into him.

Edited by voodoo_chilly
  • Like 2

Now we're talking. And my fuzzy memory was way off, my personal best is 2810, so I'm already close!

Remember! the enemy technically spawns before the slurping sound, so if you time it right you can shoot before the thing ever appears and take it out. There is a definite timing cycle for enemy generation. Learning that timing is the key to getting the key in level 3 and level 4, without using your flares.

post-409-0-52453200-1431611298_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Well done, voodoo_chilly. You have firmly established yourself as a BEAST in the club. Are you sure you don't also go by the name Capt. Classic... :ponder:

It took some digging, but I managed to find my old (circa 2002) Ultimate Guide to Tutankham from the long dead Atarinvader.com website. I have migrated it to my Atariage Blog http://atariage.com/forums/blog/46/entry-12014-complete-guide-to-tutankham-2600/ if you would like to read through it. It is a bit long as it takes you step by step through each level, but I still stand by all of these strategies. I apologize of the lack of pictures, but they have been lost to the internet winds...

• Like 2

post-34560-0-15553800-1431673977_thumb.jpg

alright! this is starting to get really fun. it feels kinda like playing arcade donkey kong, something unexpected might happen in spots I thought I had all figured out. most of my deaths seem like just awful blunders on my part that I should have avoided, while a few of them seem like I totally got screwed & there was nothing I could have done. (like donkey kong!) yet, I keep getting better at avoiding the "unavoidable" deaths. that's also consistent with the Intellivision version. until now I hadn't noticed much similarity in game play. btw, the Intellivision version is a lot different, and I think a really good game. :thumbsup:

yeah you can totally shoot left while running right

@StanJr -- wow I didn't know about "flares!" shoulda read the manual...

• Like 2

If you get every treasure and kill pretty much everything along the way, you should clear approximately 1050 pts after the 4th level. You can point scum if you want, but since the point values for the creatures are so small, it hardly seems worth the effort.

• Like 1