IGNORED

Season 4 - The New HSC - Week 17 = Tutankham

S.BAZ

Holy crap! That's a great score.. you probably solicited for a while, picking off many respawning enemies until your time meter ran low.

Actually no. Point scumming is pretty much useless in this game, since the enemy values are so low. This is a straight run (as per my guide linked above), I was on my fourth lap, but the monsters spawn so rapidly, that use blow through flares and need ridiculous reflexes to just get the easy treasures. Hell, I am content with getting the key and getting out, screw the treasures, once you get past the third lap. That's hard enough.

Plus, point scumming used to be agains Club rules back in the day, not sure if it still is, but I generally don't do that sort of thing.

Mucho apprecianado for the full wallpaper! :love:

Tutankham: 3,260 (11)

I know that I'm sacrificing two points (solo 2nd +0 vs. tied 3rd +3) by posting this, but we are playing in a HIGH SCORE club, after all.

Unless we get to use one entry for high score, and another entry for the bonus. :ponder:

post-41961-0-82813200-1431919283_thumb.jpg

Edited by MoomUnit
  • Like 1

post-34560-0-15726300-1431921056_thumb.jpg

definitely been cussing a lot.

Plus, point scumming used to be agains Club rules back in the day, not sure if it still is, but I generally don't do that sort of thing.

it's still against the rules but it's fine in a game like this since it can't be done indefinitely, due to the timer. I tried it but found I was losing more points in the time bonus.

Edited by S.BAZ

I only had 4-5 hours of sleep, I'm done. My bonus score stayed the same 20!

bonus

20 Jacobzu7zu7

... Looks like my 2011 record is safe. ;) and the score is actually higher then Todd Rodgers. I remember just precision and attricion won me that race, I had a lot of fire in my red button back a few yrs. :D

Now lets see if I can cook in the kitchen...

• Like 1

Wow, you haven't been using the flares! How are you getting that fan in level 4 without them? You are a timing beast! (note: to self, over using "beast" in this forum... :skull: )

assuming that's the thing on the left side, right above a pesky spawning-nest?

I wait right around the corner, below the nest - and shoot when they come down, run up & grab it. It's not a sure plan but it works for me at least 90% of the time.

my worst problem has been the key in the 3rd chamber. My strategy only works a little better than 50%, & worse in the 3rd loop. once I started using the flares I saved them for that spot!

Actually no. Point scumming is pretty much useless in this game, since the enemy values are so low. This is a straight run (as per my guide linked above), I was on my fourth lap, but the monsters spawn so rapidly, that use blow through flares and need ridiculous reflexes to just get the easy treasures. Hell, I am content with getting the key and getting out, screw the treasures, once you get past the third lap. That's hard enough.

Mucho apprecianado for the full wallpaper! :love:

Wow, that's REALLY impressive! I was impressed with myself that I passed all the levels *once*..

assuming that's the thing on the left side, right above a pesky spawning-nest?

I wait right around the corner, below the nest - and shoot when they come down, run up & grab it. It's not a sure plan but it works for me at least 90% of the time.

my worst problem has been the key in the 3rd chamber. My strategy only works a little better than 50%, & worse in the 3rd loop. once I started using the flares I saved them for that spot!

Yeah, I try that method, but they always seem to spawn right on top of me. Probably another "generation gap" timing issue. Pretty much same situation as the key in 3. But yes, on the third lap, all timing strategies are kind of null and you have to flare your way through.