IGNORED

Intellivision BLIX (for sale)

... its sad that so many went to resellers and not to collectors who keep them. ...

How many have actually 'gone to resellers'? There were 30 sold, right? How many have been resold since then? I've heard of at least one that was DOA as well.

I kind of like the game, once you turn the volume down. It is a tricky but fun puzzle game.

As a game, it can pull you in, but yes, you must turn off the sound. I think that with some additional features it could be pretty good. Admittedly, when you don't know the rules it seems much worse than it really is.

Visit this -- aside from different graphics it seems to be exactly the same. (didn't check scoring)

http://mypuzzle.org/blix

My hope is that in the future we'll see something better come from this. There were rumors awhile back, IIRC. We'll see.

But... wandering off-topic here, though...

Nurmix has offered up a truly limited item for sale. Here's a chance to vie for it outside the eBay / PayPal channel!

To say something serious: Of course this is a nice collectible and of course it will get a big amount of money. But Blix is also a kind of black sheep for the Intellivision and its sad that so many went to resellers and not to collectors who keep them. Congrats to the nice payout anyway.

If you are suggesting that I am just another reseller and not a collector, then you don't know me very well.

I bought the game because I generally buy all Intellivision home-brews to keep for myself. This one... I didn't care for, so I'm offering it to collectors here who will appreciate it. It's not on eBay, there is no 'reserve price'. I'm never going to play it, and I tend to not keep games I don't play. Simple as that.

• Like 4

@ Steve

Its at least the 3rd one which is offered here or at least from a AA member and at least one of this sellers had not bought it on the event. If you consider that its not very old at least 10% of the whole stock (and there are maybe unknown cases too) is a high number for such a rare item.

so what other intv homebrews do you consider crappy? Besides this piece of junk. I personally like all the other homebrews i have gotten so far.

There are some for sure, but I wont call names since I have noticed that some people are offended very easily of you not celebrate them for everything they do. But we do not just have to look at the homebrews, just think about games like Learning Fun. Its not sooo bad from the development, but its such a bad and unfan game and costs a ton of money.

@ Steve

Its at least the 3rd one which is offered here or at least from a AA member and at least one of this sellers had not bought it on the event. If you consider that its not very old at least 10% of the whole stock (and there are maybe unknown cases too) is a high number for such a rare item.

So? I know (by directly observing) that GDG was very strict about enforcing the 'one copy per person' rule. I believe they also had some agreement about how many copies they could make, etc. In a crazy hectic atmosphere, it's impossible to reasonably expect that this policy was perfectly enforced. They did as good a job at ensuring that as many different people got the game as anyone could reasonably expect. IIRC a few would be on the table, and after they were gone, they'd wait awhile for the line to die down and bring out a few more. Blix wasn't the only limited item there -- in fact most people were looking for the Atari / Colecovision items, IIRC.

The reasons any particular person bought the game are his own. Once he's bought it, it's his to do with as he wishes. If enough other people want it and compete for it, that benefits the person who no longer wants it.

Eleventy billion dollars.

It's yours, Freeweed!

:D

Hell, I'll even pay for shipping to Pluto for that price... assuming that's where you live, of course.

FedEx does interplanetary shipping, right? Or interplanetary to former planet now orphaned satellite shipping?

Edited by nurmix
  • Like 2

It's yours, Freeweed!

:D

Hell, I'll even pay for shipping to Pluto for that price... assuming that's where you live, of course.

FedEx does interplanetary shipping, right? Or interplanetary to former planet now orphaned satellite shipping?

i think he just moved to planet x. He got off of pluto before it was reclassified and the property values plummeted.
  • Like 3

I would love to have it, I just think it's out of my pay grade for a Cart Only...and it was kinda build to make it a "collector" item not a release.

• Like 1

0.30 ¢

Hmm, three tenths of a cent. If nurmix were to name this the winning bid, I think the most sensible way to pay him would be through 30 coupons, the ones you get in a weekly supermarket circular that have a cash value of 1/100 of a cent each. It would be a much cleaner way of doing it than slicing up a very unfortunate penny with a power saw. ;P

maybe throw in a L&V Poker & Blackjack to make it worthwhile.

Gee, both Las and Vegas? nurmix will never go for that extravagance.

Eleventy billion dollars.

Saaaay, are you bidding in Zimbabwe dollars from early February 2009? If so, then DZ-Jay's easily got you outbid.

onmode-ky

• Like 1

Hmm, three tenths of a cent. If nurmix were to name this the winning bid, I think the most sensible way to pay him would be through 30 coupons, the ones you get in a weekly supermarket circular that have a cash value of 1/100 of a cent each. It would be a much cleaner way of doing it than slicing up a very unfortunate penny with a power saw. ;P

I'd actually prefer the sawed penny - if only for the effort and dedication it would show on the part of the winner!

Congrats to you Nurmix, all these naysayers were wrong with there no bids, low bids and jokes about what this may be worth or mean to somebody who collects games!!! Actually the game is fun, just the sound sucks. Well done! :)

My bids were real. Mostly. I thought bidding was still at around 80................anyway, I guess I dont need a second copy. :P :P :P

(I dont like private bids.....No reason people cant bid in the thread!)

Maybe I will make a for sale thread with public bids to see if it works.

I gave bidders that option in the first post. I'd prefer to keep it public so everyone can see the process, but I'm honoring the request of the current high bidder to keep it private for now.

In any case, the winner will be revealed in the thread when all is said and done.

Some people might prefer silent bids if only to not have their spouse see a $ amount attached directly to their account for all time.

I don't think my wife would read anything on this site even if I left it up on the screen magnified 300% :)

However she does see the money come out of our bank account and packages arrive at our door. Other than commenting on the number of packages at times, she never complains.

I don't think my wife would read anything on this site even if I left it up on the screen magnified 300% :)

However she does see the money come out of our bank account and packages arrive at our door. Other than commenting on the number of packages at times, she never complains.

Yeah, that's my situation as well. :)