IGNORED

TI Community and Support is Awesome!

TI-GAMER

Sounds about right. October 1997 I offered to take over the Myarc repair and was given/rescued all the cards I could. I repaired and upgraded cards mostly for my out of pocket costs for the parts and shipping.

Some equipment like yours never made the light of day, even if many others did make it to their rightful owners during the next 2 years. Other paid, new equipment orders I was able to fill by repairing cards produced by Myarc that came off the assembly line non-functional. Sadly, your story was becoming common near end of Cecure's days and one reason to this day I never ask for or expect any money up front if I agree to inspect or repair a card.

As for why the mess happened, there was more going on than meets the eye... and it is now mostly ancient history not worth discussing.

The 2002 Chicago Faire gathering and our MDOS/CYA releases were much more fun. ;)

In retrospect, it's probably a good thing I didn't get that Geneve back. It had the PFM mod, and the one the Philly Users Group gave me didn't. I probably wouldn't have had reason to develop the new Boot eprom if I had the PFM Geneve.

Gazoo

got my 4/a for Xmas when the parents found it at kmart for $50 with 2 free games.. joined the Tri-valley 99ers in 1000 Oaks Ca.. so I could find other Ti owners, I ended up President of that group for a few years which kind of turned into "what's Greg done this week with his TI and Geneve" and then coffee and doughnuts :) Bought the Geneve off the west coast rep (I think it was his demo one) and sold it later in a fit of stupidity. But then I got it back, broken some years later.. Richard Bell fixed it for me.. Joined the Yahoo group forever ago, and the others..

• Like 1