IGNORED

Final Fantasy X bug?

cimerians

If anyone has this game can they please post here and explain if there are random battles or fixed battles? Apparently some people are saying the RNG system (random number generator) is screwed up. Other people are saying SquareEnix switched the game to "set" encounters rather than random. Then I hear people saying the encounters are set but randomized only once.

That is....if you reset the game, conditions will NOT change. all damage will always be the same, enemies will always attack the same person with the same damage, moves missed will always miss, etc.

This sounds like a bug but I'm not sure whats going on. I'm basically holding off on Type-O so I can replay this game, I was going to buy it this weekend for the bonus calender before it sells out but as it stands I wont play or buy this until it gets fixed.

There are some threads about it both on Neogaf as well as Reddit/PS4. Seems to be just the random encounters effected since the boss battles work as expected. It's patchable, but not really acceptable that a bug this big got through QC.

I actually held off on the PS3 version last year because I knew this one was coming. Most of what I've read makes the PS4 version seem to be a sloppy port. I'm dissappointed, but at this point I'll just wait until black friday and see if I can find it somewhere for cheap.

Square Enix is the third king of cows when it comes to milking it. The other two are Activision and EA. We can throw Ubisoft in there as a fourth milker with yet another Assassins Creed game coming out this fall. :ponder:

Graphics and the original soundtrack are what make this game different from the PS3.

Music can be switched to the original score, unlike the PS3 which didn't have the original music.

ha....I don't think it does. In my opinion, when it comes to JRPG's Japanese voice and english subs should always be an option.

Especially now that these things are on Blu-ray... there should be plenty of space to appease all.

It's hard for me to get into a game with the Japanese voice. If the English voice acting is that bad, I'd rather just have the options to turn off the voice sound track all together.

Yes... I have heard worse than FF X, but I can't think of a specific example... oh... there was that character in the Star Ocean game for the last generation. Female character and she looked like one of those china dolls that give you the creeps from a B rated horror flick. Heck... can't remember the name, but every word was cringe worthy.

Let us not forget about some of the bad translations in earlier generations.....

Yes... I have heard worse than FF X, but I can't think of a specific example... oh... there was that character in the Star Ocean game for the last generation. Female character and she looked like one of those china dolls that give you the creeps from a B rated horror flick. Heck... can't remember the name, but every word was cringe worthy.

Probably Lym from Star Ocean: The Last Hope. It was the first Star Ocean game I actively hated. The International version had both english and japanese tracks which helped, but couldn't make up for the terrible story and clunky gameplay.

I don't think the voice acting is that bad honestly. There's just a few scenes that are mind numbing.

However if you really want bad voice acting...

Robot Alchemic Drive!

I'd like to add that the game itself is actually pretty good outside of the horrific voice acting.

Haha holy crap that is awful. Makes FFX oscar-worthy in comparison.

I can't play games with stupid English voice acting anymore though.. at least if its Japanese I can stand the silliness a lot better for some reason.. how much I miss the age of text-boxes

• 3 weeks later...

I'm holding off for a price break, got a lot of other games to catch up on anyway. The majority of people say the RNG issue is not really noticeable during normal playthough, but should still be fixed of course.

Agreed. I want this, but will wait for a price drop as well.

From what I understand, if you're the kind of person that has never really played either FFX, like me, and will likely only play it once, like me, then this is totally unnoticeable.

• 1 month later...