Beta Release Eye of the Beholder - Atari Lynx

91 replies to this topic

#76 Nismorack OFFLINE  

Nismorack

Space Invader

• 16 posts
  • Drawing or tinkering

Posted Sat Sep 3, 2016 3:26 AM

If they become available for Order I'm very interested in one. So I'll try to monitor when I can start sending a PM, rather than flood you in PMs. ;)

#77 djrodderz OFFLINE  

djrodderz

Star Raider

• 68 posts

Posted Mon Sep 5, 2016 7:00 PM

I'd love this version of EOTB if one becomes available. At the moment I have the V61 version :)

#78 tdp OFFLINE  

tdp

Chopper Commander

• 138 posts

Posted Wed Sep 28, 2016 3:12 PM

I'm up for the version too, when they become available. What's the protocol? Is like Saints sd cart, as in you declare interest and your name gets added to a list?

#79 Trew OFFLINE  

Trew

Chopper Commander

• 246 posts

Posted Wed Sep 28, 2016 3:21 PM

I hope not as easy for those being patient to end up way down the list (PS, but if it is like this, then add me etcetc).

#80 MaazFench OFFLINE  

MaazFench

Space Invader

• 12 posts

Posted Wed Oct 19, 2016 6:53 PM

Really looking forward to ordering one too! And thanks again for all of your work on this.

#81 Mike557 OFFLINE  

Mike557

Space Invader

• 16 posts

Posted Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:17 PM

Put me on the list as well.  Been dying for a true Lynx RPG for well over 20 years now  :-D  

#82 karri OFFLINE  

karri

River Patroller

• 2,592 posts

Posted Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:58 AM

While the EOTB is a very nice part of history of the Lynx it is a bit tedious to play. The EOTB is a dungeon crawler. And it is not entirely logical either. Maps help a lot (or a pen and paper to make notes while playing).

I am lucky to be a play tester for Wyvern Tales and it is closer to a modern RPG. It could be released any day now as the game is complete imho. So while you are waiting for the EOTB run you could sharpen your skills by hunting down some dragons in Wyvern Tales. The EOTB is larger and has more control of inventory and characters. But the Wyvern Tales is much easier to play with a simple user interface, very nice old-school graphics, sweet music and a logical storyline. Oh, it also has a game save just like the EOTB.

#83 Atari_afternoon OFFLINE  

Atari_afternoon

Dragonstomper

• 551 posts

Posted Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:07 AM

This sounds very good, karri :) something to sink my teeth in this winter, I hope?

#84 Kosmic Stardust OFFLINE  

Kosmic Stardust

Princess Rescuer

• 18,399 posts

Posted Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:46 AM

While the EOTB is a very nice part of history of the Lynx it is a bit tedious to play. The EOTB is a dungeon crawler. And it is not entirely logical either. Maps help a lot (or a pen and paper to make notes while playing).

I am lucky to be a play tester for Wyvern Tales and it is closer to a modern RPG. It could be released any day now as the game is complete imho. So while you are waiting for the EOTB run you could sharpen your skills by hunting down some dragons in Wyvern Tales. The EOTB is larger and has more control of inventory and characters. But the Wyvern Tales is much easier to play with a simple user interface, very nice old-school graphics, sweet music and a logical storyline. Oh, it also has a game save just like the EOTB.

Not trying to wail on EOTB but I'm not really a dungeon crawler fan. I think the 16-bit generation was the sweet spot for RPGs IMO but I prefer the lighter fair. Anyway sounds like an impressive game and I hope a second run gets produced so more people can enjoy this title. Great news on that front.

It's also unfortunate that the SaintT flashcart doesn't support SRAM saving, but it is what it is. I wish there were a demo released for it...

Good luck to everyone involved! :grin:

#85 Ted Tahquechi OFFLINE  

Ted Tahquechi

Space Invader

• 13 posts

Posted Tue Mar 7, 2017 2:12 PM

I loved EoB I still have the ROM with the save chip on the board 8-)

#86 Jin ONLINE  

Jin

Solar Striker

• 3,121 posts

Posted Sun Oct 1, 2017 2:37 PM

Apologies for the necro bump but I've always been a big fan of first-person dungeon crawlers (they're really the only type of RPGs I've ever been able to get into) and I was curious is there was still any plan to ever release a finished version of Eye of the Beholder on cartridges?

Edited by Jin, Sun Oct 1, 2017 2:38 PM.

#87 GadgetUK ONLINE  

GadgetUK

Stargunner

• 1,946 posts

Posted Sun Oct 1, 2017 4:21 PM

There was, not sure if Eric already released his last few carts.  I might make some more PCBs at some point, it has been on my list of things to do for ages.

#88 Maddog OFFLINE  

Maddog

Star Raider

• 59 posts

Posted Mon Oct 2, 2017 11:56 AM

I'd love to see this happen Gadget.

I'll certainly have a copy off you if you do  :thumbsup:

#89 Sapicco OFFLINE  

Sapicco

Dragonstomper

• 791 posts

Posted Sun Oct 8, 2017 6:00 AM

I'd like one too, it doubt it will ever happen. Speaking of happen, did Wyvern tales release yet?

#90 Vidiot1981 OFFLINE  

Vidiot1981

Space Invader

• 40 posts

Posted Sun Oct 8, 2017 10:02 PM

I would love to get a fully playable EOTB for my beloved Lynx.

#91 7800fan OFFLINE  

7800fan

Quadrunner

• 5,606 posts

Posted Mon Oct 9, 2017 12:55 AM

I'd like one too, it doubt it will ever happen. Speaking of happen, did Wyvern tales release yet?

No

#92 gambler172 OFFLINE  

gambler172

River Patroller

• 3,352 posts
  • none

Posted Mon Oct 9, 2017 1:10 AM

Maybe i have one for sale

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users