IGNORED

Ti99Hdx

What is the advantage of using the HDX transfer system using the CF7 since one could just transfer the disks directly from the PC to the CF card?

Does not require a CF card reader on the PC, plus live and arbitrary access to files from a PC?

Does not require a CF card reader on the PC, plus live and arbitrary access to files from a PC?

It's probably less cumbersome to buy a $5 USB card multireader than have a long cable constantly strung from the TI to the PC, never mind the cost of the cable itself. On the other hand, live access is definitely useful, particularly for programmers looking for an easy way to transfer their projects back and forth for testing and backup purposes.

• Like 2

It's probably less cumbersome to buy a $5 USB card multireader than have a long cable constantly strung from the TI to the PC, never mind the cost of the cable itself. On the other hand, live access is definitely useful, particularly for programmers looking for an easy way to transfer their projects back and forth for testing and backup purposes.

I agree live access for programming and testing purposes IS the way to go, which is why I like the sharing of the same files between Classic99 and the TI with the HDX. Now when it comes to complete disk image transfers, nothing beats the speed of a drag and drop onto an SD card of multiple DSK images for HxC at the same time.

hereby my small batch, for copying FROM (also like Backup) and TO CF.

with enumerating if downloading from CF, and giving the right TI-DISK-Names to the DSK-files.

For more info see inside. manual & thread follows (next year :)

Just place this 2 files into your CF2K-folder. Enter "0" at first the input, not to have testmode only

for questions just PM

/EDIT/ (this batch just uses Fred Kaals´ CF2DSK- and DSK2CF-tools)

CF2-COPY-Batch-105M.zip

Edited by schmitzi

Fred's docs say that CFHDXS1 will work with a stock TI RS232 serial port RS232/2 at 38400 BAUD. I only have a CorComp card and can't get the transfer to work. The Ti99Hdx server never recognizes a connection. Does anyone know of a possible problem?

I know via Thierry's site that the CTS* and DSR* pins of the TMS9902 on the TI card are connected. Is this also the case with the CorComp card? I can't find find any schematics for the CorComp card to check it.

...lee

I am planning for a bluetooth2Serial adapter. That way even the cable is no longer an issue.

Fred's docs say that CFHDXS1 will work with a stock TI RS232 serial port RS232/2 at 38400 BAUD. I only have a CorComp card and can't get the transfer to work. The Ti99Hdx server never recognizes a connection. Does anyone know of a possible problem?

I verified a general issue with the HDX Windows Software, which is related to the dll Library that is used by the tool for Serial I/O. Are you using an USB2Serial Adapter? If yes, which chipset? I posted 3 videos in the facebook Ti-99ers group which shows an issue on initializting the widely used Chipset family: Prolific Technology Chips PL2303. schmitzi verified the issue on his adapters. This issue is not appearing when using a real Serial Port on Pc Side.

YOu can view the posts/videos here:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/2209774843/permalink/10153023277249844/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/2209774843/permalink/10153023287499844/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/2209774843/permalink/10153023311114844/

BR Klaus

• Like 1

I know via Thierry's site that the CTS* and DSR* pins of the TMS9902 on the TI card are connected. Is this also the case with the CorComp card? I can't find find any schematics for the CorComp card to check it.

...lee

I got this to work fine on my Corcomp card.. note the CFHDXS1 software uses RS232/1 .. and that must be connected to the pc with a straight through cable

What is the advantage of using the HDX transfer system using the CF7 since one could just transfer the disks directly from the PC to the CF card?

I found that I had to "backup" my cf card with tidir, and then "restore" it once I made changes to the backup file.. very cumbersome and time consuming vs just copying the files down with CFHDXS1

Greg

I got this to work fine on my Corcomp card.. note the CFHDXS1 software uses RS232/1 .. and that must be connected to the pc with a straight through cable

I used Fred's cabling for both RS232/1 and /2 with no success. By making a single cable to combine his TI Y-cable with his 9-pin crossover cable, I get

TI PC
══════ ═════
┌─1 CD
RxD 2─┐ ┌───┼─2 RxD
└─┼─┐ │
TxD 3───┘ └─┼─3 TxD
DSR 6─┐ │
│ │
SGd 7─┼─────┼─5 SGd
│ │
└─────╩─6 DSR
CD 8────┐ ┌─7 RTS
┌──┼──┘
DTR 20─┘ └────8 CTS

What do you mean by a straight-through cable?

...lee

I used Fred's cabling for both RS232/1 and /2 with no success. By making a single cable to combine his TI Y-cable with his 9-pin crossover cable, I get

TI PC
══════ ═════
┌─1 CD
RxD 2─┐ ┌───┼─2 RxD
└─┼─┐ │
TxD 3───┘ └─┼─3 TxD
DSR 6─┐ │
│ │
SGd 7─┼─────┼─5 SGd
│ │
└─────╩─6 DSR
CD 8────┐ ┌─7 RTS
┌──┼──┘
DTR 20─┘ └────8 CTS

What do you mean by a straight-through cable?

...lee

Freds cable is only for a nano..

1-1

2-2

3-3

4-4

5-5

6-6

7-7

8-8

9-9

10-10

11-11

12-12

13-13

14-14

etc.. straight through

if you just buy a 9pin to 25 pin pc cable that is what I use.. what you'd use on a pc to go to a modem as they are dte to dce .. ie, no twists needed

Greg

Freds cable is only for a nano..

1-1

2-2

3-3

4-4

5-5

6-6

7-7

8-8

9-9

10-10

11-11

12-12

13-13

14-14

etc.. straight through

if you just buy a 9pin to 25 pin pc cable that is what I use.. what you'd use on a pc to go to a modem as they are dte to dce .. ie, no twists needed

Greg

actually this seems to be the pinout for a 9-25 adapter so.. db9db25.png

@LEE

...please watch out, there was a CFHDXS1-version which is "patched" for the nanoPEB. Maybe u have the wrong version...... ?

(Don´t know about the impact of that patch, the DSKs were obviously NOT differing IIRC)

@KL99: I have the Rovin RN-270F BlueTooth-2-RS232-Adapter (which was an expensive one, for use with Cisco-devices)

All I can say about BlueTooth + RS232 is: puh

(but have to give a further try on it if HDX is running fine over cable.

/EDIT/ for the CC-manual, but I think you all have that

CCRS232man.pdf

Edited by schmitzi

actually this seems to be the pinout for a 9-25 adapter so.. db9db25.png

I found a cable with exactly that configuration, with a DE-9 female and a DB-25 male. Plugging the DB-25 into the CC RS232 socket and the DE-9 into the PC serial port, alas, does nothing. The PC serial port is a Radio Shack USB-to-RS232 serial cable.

Anything else?

these USB-adapters are also often somehow problematically.

I have 4 different types now, all with a total unlogically different behave.

1 is running on my SAT-receiver, 3 others not

2 are running on Cisco-devices, 2 not

3 are running on old NetGear-switches, 1 not

(but the 1 for SAt does not NetGear :)

a.s.o. (a long list of strange behave)

So, for home- and TI-use, I have an old XP-PC now with onboard COM1 and COM3/4 from extra PCI-Card :)

I found a cable with exactly that configuration, with a DE-9 female and a DB-25 male. Plugging the DB-25 into the CC RS232 socket and the DE-9 into the PC serial port, alas, does nothing. The PC serial port is a Radio Shack USB-to-RS232 serial cable.

Anything else?

Ok what type of PC serial port? hardware? usb?

What shows up in hdx when you select options, communications status.

Can you set up terminal programs on both sides and communicate?

Ok what type of PC serial port? hardware? usb?

What shows up in hdx when you select options, communications status.

Can you set up terminal programs on both sides and communicate?

Like I said, it's a USB-to-RS232 serial cable. Ti99Hdx.exe is fine with it. It shows it as 38400 BAUD 8E1 with no flow control.

I can communicate nanoPEB-to-PEB-RS232 with TE2 and TI Basic; but, they are too slow.

My problem with testing other COM programs on the TI is that I must copy them to floppy to use them. I did that with CFHDXS1 via TE2—it's not that big. I will attempt that with other programs, such as TELCO, but that will take an awfully long time! I really would like to get this working. I will try it with an old XP or Win98 box; but, I will need to do major moves of large equipment—they are not on the same floor in the house!

No matter whether I am ultimately successful, I certainly appreciate your assistance.

...lee

• Like 1

Like I said, it's a USB-to-RS232 serial cable. Ti99Hdx.exe is fine with it. It shows it as 38400 BAUD 8E1 with no flow control.

I can communicate nanoPEB-to-PEB-RS232 with TE2 and TI Basic; but, they are too slow.

My problem with testing other COM programs on the TI is that I must copy them to floppy to use them. I did that with CFHDXS1 via TE2—it's not that big. I will attempt that with other programs, such as TELCO, but that will take an awfully long time! I really would like to get this working. I will try it with an old XP or Win98 box; but, I will need to do major moves of large equipment—they are not on the same floor in the house!

No matter whether I am ultimately successful, I certainly appreciate your assistance.

...lee

Cool Lee, I'm willing to bet your usb doesn't do signaling on the rs232 side properly. A 16550 uart rs232 card is like 20$ for most desktops .. worth it I keep an xp machine with a real serial port. Owen has to unplug and plug back in his usb device 2-3 times before it signals correctly.

pcie

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16815150216

pci

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA24G28M5166&cm_re=pci_rs232_16550-_-15-150-217-_-Product

Greg

Edited by arcadeshopper
  • Like 1

@KL99: I have the Rovin RN-270F BlueTooth-2-RS232-Adapter (which was an expensive one, for use with Cisco-devices)

All I can say about BlueTooth + RS232 is: puh

(but have to give a further try on it if HDX is running fine over cable.

I would almost be lost without my Bluetooth-RS232 adapters. You have to be careful, though: cheap Bluetooth adapters are, well, cheap and do not do well maintaining connections, and certain wireless environments are extremely hostile to Bluetooth.

• Like 1