IGNORED

Cybermorph Vs Starfox.People might not be aware of Starfox orig.concept?.

Lost Dragon

No, this is'nt another Starfox/Starwing (SNES SFX Chip) Vs Jaguar Cybermorph thread as read enough of those elsewhere over the years and it always boiled down to people screaming:Yeah, but Starfox was on-rails etc etc sooo, i'm just wondering IF folks were aware that Starfox was originally planned as a 'go anywhere' game?.

According to Jez San (August 2000) when the 1st batch of playtesters sat down with Starfox, they found the 'On-Rails' system much more inuitive, so Argonaut restricted the ships movement to open up the 3D market to the mainstream' as Jez put it.

So, bit of triva, but might be of interest to those who were'nt previousily aware of how the game might have been had it gone with original design on SNES... and thus Cybermorph might just have been treated differently over the years...

This is in Jag section as SNES game often seems to crop up in Jag VS...threads etc.

Info probably as much use as tits on a bull, but thought i'd throw it in anyway.

Edited by Lost Dragon
  • Like 3

Yeah topics been done to death in terms of starfox vs cybermorph.

As for freeroaming on the original Snes game, TBH I am glad they reigned it in, created a tighter more focused experience. I never knew why people used the on rails thing as a bad thing.

On rails can create great games, Panzer dragoon, Sin and punishment, as long as you have freedom to move and control within the confines of the screen its ok with me.

I mean all the classic 2D shooters are essentially on rails, Truxton, Thunderforce etc. Starfox is just an extension of this in 3D.

Thunderforce for example in one of the games had a freeroaming overhead section and it was the weakest parts out of any of the games.

Not to mention that along with cybermorph we got dozens of 3D shooters on 3DO, Saturn, and Playstation and TBH, most of them were a bit shit.

• Like 3