IGNORED

Colecovision Bagman Review!

TPR

It's all about demand to be honest

I certainly don't want to sounds rude, but we at CollectorVision don't care much about doing cart only (wich will never happen)

Beside, we always release rom files of our games on our website so people can enjoy our games on a Atarimax SD cart

:)

Where are the ROM files on your site?

I certainly don't want to sounds rude, but we at CollectorVision don't care much about doing cart only (which will never happen)

I for one am certainly happy this is your stance on things. Personally, I feel like doing a "loose cart" version would de-value the product.

• Like 1

? Not seeing Bagman in the downloads section of the site.

Oh, you won't see it there anytime soon

The game has just been released

With that, would just like to say thank you for your generosity in making the ROMs there available. I am late to acquiring a Colecovision and the threads about the SOS CAT game had me very curious.

You're welcome sir! :)

This game looks great, sounds great and it could've been a great game. Wow what a disappointment. Getting stuck on ladders repeatedly, Bagman dies when there's a bad guy "in the neighborhood" and grabbing a nearby handle when trying to pick up a bag.

The sound effect (or was it music) bug in Lock N Chase is forgivable. But Bagman is a sloppy mess.

Please explain how it was determined that this game was ready to go if it was thoroughly tested?

If CollectorVision is willing to fix these problems I'll ship my cart to have a fixed and proper release loaded onto the cart. After all, we are paying good money and I expect the final product to be better than this.

I was never able to make it past the first screen, so who knows there may be undiscovered flaws on additional boards.

I'll have a video uploaded to YouTube in a couple of hours that documents these flaws.

This is too bad. I was really hoping to rave about this game.

• Like 1

This game looks great, sounds great and it could've been a great game. Wow what a disappointment. Getting stuck on ladders repeatedly, Bagman dies when there's a bad guy "in the neighborhood" and grabbing a nearby handle when trying to pick up a bag.

The sound effect (or was it music) bug in Lock N Chase is forgivable. But Bagman is a sloppy mess.

Please explain how it was determined that this game was ready to go if it was thoroughly tested?

If CollectorVision is willing to fix these problems I'll ship my cart to have a fixed and proper release loaded onto the cart. After all, we are paying good money and I expect the final product to be better than this.

I was never able to make it past the first screen, so who knows there may be undiscovered flaws on additional boards.

I'll have a video uploaded to YouTube in a couple of hours that documents these flaws.

This is too bad. I was really hoping to rave about this game.

Whut?!

What's exactly your problem?

4 different people tested the game, we all notice the 4 way joystick "problem"

Best thing of course will be to use a 4-way controller instead of an 8-way controller

Does the game is 100% perfect and close to the original, no ...but we're close enough for a CV port

Besides, we're all happy of the end result with the game

This's a 4-way joystick game, the same "problem" occur in Mouse Trap and I don't see people getting upset

It seems like you always have problem, complains about every releases we're doing

I would like to know how many people dislike the game versus those who enjoy it.....

Whut?!

Best thing of course will be to use a 4-way controller instead of an 8-way controller

Does the game is 100% perfect and close to the original, no ...but we're close enough for a CV port

This's a 4-way joystick game, the same "problem" occur in Mouse Trap and I don't see people getting upset

It seems like you always have problem, complains about every releases we're doing

I would like to know how many people dislike the game versus those who enjoy it.....

I totally agree with J-F! This game is amazing, We had 4 beta tester, we also had a chance to test the game

and we love the game. It is so close to the Arcade. Did you try the game with a 4 ways Joystick?

There is nothing to be fixed, This game is a classic!

Whut?!

I haven't gotten my copy yet, so I can't comment on the game's playability, but I feel compelled to say that it doesn't sound like a good excuse to say that the problem is the game-play for requiring 4-ways on a system with 8-way directional controllers.

Again, this is not directed at this game, since I haven't played it, just a general observation. As a home-brewer myself, I can attest that it is perfectly feasible to translate n-way into 4-way with the use of simple heuristics.

In my case, it is the Intellivision, but the description of the problem seems to be related to a literal quantization of the 4 cardinal points with no compensation for "strayed" input.

This is a common problem I see on some Intellivision home-brewed games as well, and it is perfectly solvable there. Cannot the same be done on a ColecoVision?

dZ.

• Like 3

I haven't gotten my copy yet, so I can't comment on the game's playability, but I feel compelled to say that it doesn't sound like a good excuse to say that the problem is the game-play for requiring 4-ways on a system with 8-way directional controllers.

Again, this is not directed at this game, since I haven't played it, just a general observation. As a home-brewer myself, I can attest that it is perfectly feasible to translate n-way into 4-way with the use of simple heuristics.

In my case, it is the Intellivision, but the description of the problem seems to be related to a literal quantization of the 4 cardinal points with no compensation for "strayed" input.

This is a common problem I see on some Intellivision home-brewed games as well, and it is perfectly solvable there. Cannot the same be done on a ColecoVision?

dZ.

Yeah, you're right

In some case, it's feasible, and in some case no

Just take look at Legend of Zelda on NES

Whut?!

I'm not the problem. And saying that I complain about every release is a lie. Is it my fault that Galaga crashed? No. I brought it to the attention of CollectorVision, you fixed it and I'm happy. CollectorVision did the right thing.

I'm just being honest. I was excited for this game and to me it appears that there are problems with this game that should have been addressed before it was released.

It's typical that I would get attacked for my honesty because that's how we do things on AtariAge. Oh no - don't say anything bad because it's a home brew.

• Like 1

I'm not the problem. And saying that I complain about every release is a lie. Is it my fault that Galaga crashed? No. I brought it to the attention of CollectorVision, you fixed it and I'm happy. CollectorVision did the right thing.

I'm just being honest. I was excited for this game and to me it appears that there are problems with this game that should have been addressed before it was released.

It's typical that I would get attacked for my honesty because that's how we do things on AtariAge. Oh no - don't say anything bad because it's a home brew.

It's not about saying bad things about homebrew

4 testers plus Willie from the ColecovisionPodcast tested this game

No one complains about anything (but we all noticed the 4-way joystick "problem")

Anyway, you've right to express your opinion, so I am

I'll let the other people who bought the game express themselves about the game

Yeah, you're right

In some case, it's feasible, and in some case no

Just take look at Legend of Zelda on NES

Thanks for responding. I am not familiar with games on the NES (or more accurate, I haven't played them in a long, long time).

Could you describe what are the circumstances in legend Of Zelda to which you refer that prevent the controller problem from being solved? I'm just curious.

Also, do those circumstances apply to CV Bagman?

I'll admit I am not familiar with CV development, so I do not know what additional constraints are at work here, but I'm curious to know why this problem would be insurmountable.

Thanks,

dZ.

• Like 1

Thanks for responding. I am not familiar with games on the NES (or more accurate, I haven't played them in a long, long time).

Could you describe what are the circumstances in legend Of Zelda to which you refer that prevent the controller problem from being solved? I'm just curious.

Also, do those circumstances apply to CV Bagman?

I'll admit I am not familiar with CV development, so I do not know what additional constraints are at work here, but I'm curious to know why this problem would be insurmountable.

Thanks,

dZ.

I would just say this

Try the CV version of Mouse Trap using an original 8-way joystick

And Mouse Trap is quite simple game compared to Bagman

Anyway, people are free to love or hate the game

I just my personal opinion on the subject

Edited by retroillucid