IGNORED

Intellivision Flashback sales....

I heard that they weren't that great....$9.97 blowouts at Sam's Club are evidence of that.

I was contacted previously regarding my games for the initial Flashback, but they decided to put that off until the 'Flashback 2' due to emulation troubles (Their emulator wouldn't run the games).

However, they haven't contacted me yet, so, I'd say that is NOT a good sign.

I've never seen them on sale in Edmonton, I had to use their 20 percent off coupon. I was going to grab another one to stick a Raspberry Pie in it but I haven't seen any since before Christmas. I've asked but the clerks look at me like I've got 2 heads, none of them remember it even being for sale.

Funny thing is I hit 3 of the Dollar General stores in Palm Springs area at Spring Break and got the same dumb looks...

I was in the BB and B in South Common, in March or April and they had few, but I had to hunt for them as they were in a different location then at Christmas. Just checked the website and they are still available online for a cool $49.99.....

Edited by mr_intv

I have been in few B and B in the Toronto area.. They still do have them but the took them off the shelves and the back for storage.. Still same prices but asked why not on shelves was told that they will pull them out again this Christmas season....

I haven't seen any discounted flashbacks in Edmonton. Mind you, it's been a bit since I wS last in Bed Bath and Beyond but they were all 49.99 (or close to it). Does anywhere else in Canada sell them?

Quoting Nurmix in the thread "Next Generation Intellivision Classics for PC & Mac Kickstarter":

"They've sold extremely well"

Perhaps Nurmix could elaborate on that statement. (I read somewhere that it was about 100 000 units but I could have misunderstood.)

In any case, these extremely good sales figures, are they AtGames sales figures or the retailers sales figures?

If ToysRus and other retailers ordered the Flashback in big quantities, of course AtGames/IP can say that they have sold extremely well.

But are they selling extremely well at the retailers? Not if you look at the some posts above.

Maybe they are selling extremely well in certain regions and not so good in others.

Just an observation and a couple of thoughts.

• Like 1

The information I've received is that 150,000 total units were made, and were sold to retailers. Other than what is currently on retailer's shelves, or in their warehouses, there aren't any more being supplied or made by AT Games at this time.

AT Games considers the Flashback line (all of them) to be a 'seasonal' product. Whether more will be made around the holiday shopping season is unknown at this time. And whether or not there will be a second version... No Information on that yet either.

I also don't have any concrete numbers on retail sales, but will see what I can find out and post back here, and/or discuss it on the podcast.

• Like 1

Great!

We all look forward to a new five hour segment of Intellivisionaries focused on this issue.

You've made several derogatory comments about his podcast recently. I've got an idea - don't listen to it if you don't like it! But everybody else here likes it...

everybody else

As a member of "everyone else," we did not hire you as our spokesperson. You are *not* sanctioned to speak for "everyone else." Please refrain from representing "everone else" in the future.

Thank you,

- "everyone else"

;)

As a member of "everyone else," we did not hire you as our spokesperson. You are *not* sanctioned to speak for "everyone else." Please refrain from representing "everone else" in the future.

Thank you,

- "everyone else"

;)

byteknights implying that several people enjoy it and he has repeatedly bashed nurmix for his podcast. Ive never listened to it myself but nurmix never said anything to warrant the comments he has made. We dont need hate around here.
  • Like 1

^ Thanks for the background. Somehow I missed all of that.

Back on topic... I wonder if INTV Flashback sales were better than CV Flashback because from what I've seen the CV seems to be easier to find on sale or for consitently lower prices. Meaning, there is a lot more leftover CV Flashback stock to unload because it didn't sell as well...

Edited by akator

Bill L. mentioned that both the Colecovision and Intellivision were outsold 4 to 1 by the Atari and Genesis units.

I think that the Intellivision units could use an emulator upgrade to improve sound and game compatibility. I know I'd pay more for a unit that had NECESSARY overlays..... Having a booklet with the instructions for all the games would be desirable.

I think people would pay more $$ for an HDMI unit as well.

• Like 1