IGNORED

Adventure of Max?

bfstats

Check out this French Atari catalog on Atarimania...

http://www.atarimania.com/catalog-atari-atari-france-09-90_380_2.html

On the last page it makes reference to "CX26179 Adventure of Max". Anyone know what that game is or was supposed to be? I haven't found any other reference to it.

There's also a reference to CX26167 Street Fight.

There's an entry in AtariProtos.com for Adventures of Max, which is no doubt the same game.

I don't think anybody has associated that part number with the game before, based on searching the part number alone. Good job!

Actually Digital Press references all Atari games and all official Atari parts with their respective part numbers. The last printed version of the price guide, the 7th edition has the parts starting on page 437 and the reference to Adventures of Max is on page 438.

It is a shame that Joe has no more copies of this guide. My copy is starting to become ragged and I would have liked to get another. He was originally going to print a new edition, but with the cost of printing a book, he said it wasn't worth it.

I did stop in the store in Clifton, NJ, and was told he moved to Texas and is supposed to be opening a video game museum. I went on the site, but no info is there about it. I didn't search the forums though.

Edit: I did a quick search. Here it is: http://www.vghmuseum.org

Phil

Edited by Philflound
  • Like 1