IGNORED

Defender of the Crown for Intellivision 2016

This game and art is looking awesome. I recently bought it for the Nintendo and forgot how hard it is. When porting to the intellivision are the "odds" and variables guessed at or does the licensor provide details and whatnot, so it is the same across platforms? Just curious how it works. Can't wait!

Unfortunately, the source code for the original was lost. We have the source to the Amstrad version, but it is in a language that the programmer does not understand.

The Atari ST version was reverse engineered and it was determined that there were about 27 random events in the game. Things like this is what is causing the delay of testing. Work on the final elements to stitch the whole game together continues. Hopefully before the end of the month.

I will be posting another teaser screen shot when the game enters testing.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Starbreeze only acquired the right to do new games using old names and the Cinemaware brand.

There is still Cinemaware that licensed the Intellivision DotC.

I don't know about that, it says at the bottom:

The rights include all brands, websites, existing products and licenses including the Cinemaware label.[/background]

And the entire article makes it sound like exclusive rights, especially if Starbreeze is going to bank its future on the licenses.

We really do not know, though. Perhaps William can shed some light on the state of his license agreement?

By the way, I found it funny that the URL contains keywords culled from the title:

starbreeze-acquires-rights-cinemawares-classic-video-game-catalogue-including-came-dessert-defender-crown-wings

It seems that at some point at least, the title read "It Came From The Dessert" :lol: That's some killer cake! :rolling:

I don't know about that, it says at the bottom:

And the entire article makes it sound like exclusive rights, especially if Starbreeze is going to bank its future on the licenses.

We really do not know, though. Perhaps William can shed some light on the state of his license agreement?

By the way, I found it funny that the URL contains keywords culled from the title:

starbreeze-acquires-rights-cinemawares-classic-video-game-catalogue-including-came-dessert-defender-crown-wings

It seems that at some point at least, the title read "It Came From The Dessert" :lol: That's some killer cake! :rolling:

Reading this article there was a bit of concern. However, I contacted a representative of Cinemaware and was assured that it does not affect the Intellivision version of the game.

Edited by Games For Your Intellivision
  • Like 7

Work stitching together the Defender of the Crown game modules continues. Once it is done, we will have a playable game for testing. We hope to have at least 3 people with NTSC and PAL setups do side by side testing to make sure that the music and the game plays the same speed on both NTSC and PAL units.

However, work currently is continuing on the 'battle screen'. This is a 'sneak peek' and subject to change.

Once the testing is underway, more features will be added to the game that are not implemented at the moment.

post-31813-0-45578800-1465057360_thumb.png

• Like 13

Work stitching together the Defender of the Crown game modules continues. Once it is done, we will have a playable game for testing. We hope to have at least 3 people with NTSC and PAL setups do side by side testing to make sure that the music and the game plays the same speed on both NTSC and PAL units.

However, work currently is continuing on the 'battle screen'. This is a 'sneak peek' and subject to change.

Once the testing is underway, more features will be added to the game that are not implemented at the moment.

Wow, that is top quality modern console game design, without feeling unnecessarily stylized.

I could totally see a GBA game having similar composition to pack everything in without feeling cramped.

I am thrilled with how many games are coming out and I will buy them all.

But after the re-vote gate debacle of the GOTY, I am going to vote for.........

Yes, passions were certainly fired up regarding the 2015 voting. We can expect more of the same for 2016.

Edited by Utopia

D2K SE won't be in the race.....nor DOTC.....

That's a shame as I am a huge DOTC fan and, if the game is half as good as the screens look, it would would take a huge, competitive entry to change my vote.

I understand your desire not to be drug into the "crap" that may ensue in the GOTY 2016 voting, but i would ask you reconsider allowing it's entry. If not, I understand, but I would prefer to have DOTC as an option.

Looking forward to the game. Screenshots look great. Tell the programmer(s) to keep up the good work ...