IGNORED

Jaguar vs Virtual Boy

bender3455

No seriously, hear me out!

Both systems have a bunch of similarities in the pro and con department:

Pros:

Cutting edge hardware (at the time) from a big name company in the game industry

unique games found only on that system

different experience from other consoles

comfortable controller

Cons:

lack of 3rd party support

small library of games

full extent of hardware unknown

died way too soon

I have a Virtual Boy sitting on my desk and was thinking about how niche the system is. Some of the games are quite fun, and I wonder what would have come out if the system weren't to have fallen flat. Virtual Megaman? Starfox 3D? yes please!

Likewise, I wish the same for my Jaguar.

• Like 2

The VB is such a unique piece of gaming history that it's hard not to love it. At least for me anyway. There are plenty of fun games, and I too, often wonder what games might have appeared if it had been more successful. Do I love it more than my Jag? No way.

No way could I ever get into the VB. C'mon… staring into this f-ing thing with its monochromatic bleeding red graphics - no thanks! Reminds me of an old Game & Watch experiment gone wrong. lol

Would rather play the Atari Lynx handheld with its washed out, but at least somewhat colored screen. :lol:

No way could I ever get into the VB. C'mon staring into this f-ing thing with its monochromatic bleeding red graphics

But don't forget how many hours on end we played the original Gameboy with its monochromatic green screen! Progressively thinking, original Gameboy to the Virtual Boy is an interesting leap. I always thought it was odd that Nintendo went monochrome for the VB, but maybe they were thinking that if mono worked for them so successfully in the past, that it could work for them with it.

I always thought it was odd that Nintendo went monochrome for the VB, but maybe they were thinking that if mono worked for them so successfully in the past, that it could work for them with it.

The three-color LED display was prohibitively expensive at the time.

But don't forget how many hours on end we played the original Gameboy with its monochromatic green screen!

Not me! Only time I ever played the LameBoy was when I was taking a dump. And the name of the game was Tetris!

These days, it's an iPad and AtariAge posts... :rolling:

• Like 2

What exactly is the versus part here? They're totally different systems.

It's like that silly comparison you see all over the netz today… Fat guy vs. hot dog, or grossly slim bitch vs. crack, or whatever else you see and read that doesn't make sense. ;)

Are you serious?

Don't you like the VB, or don't you have any games for it?

Oh course I'm serious. Does this really shock you? :)

The only game I have for it right now is Red Alarm. I may pickup more as I see them but the thought of playing that system makes my head hurt.