IGNORED

Xb on the PC

budz2355

Is there a program a person would use to write an XB program on a modern PC? This way I could have all the conveniences of copy/paste, mouse use, quick save to hard drive, edit a single character easily, etc. etc. I am looking to write a fairly simple program in XB. Could I just write the program in Word and then somehow turn it into a TI file?

Thanks in advance for any insight.

Is there a program a person would use to write an XB program on a modern PC? This way I could have all the conveniences of copy/paste, mouse use, quick save to hard drive, edit a single character easily, etc. etc. I am looking to write a fairly simple program in XB. Could I just write the program in Word and then somehow turn it into a TI file?

I use Wordpad for most things (use a fixed width font like Courier), and import the file to a TI disk image using TIimagetool.

Gazoo

Edited by Gazoo
  • Like 3

Reeeeal simple.

Write it in Notepad++, or Word, or whatever you want.

Select and Copy the entire program

Open Classic99

Edit menu (Paste XB)

Save to DSK1.

I could not work without my Notepad++ and Classic99...

Assuming you make adjustments while in Classic99, you can simply type "LIST CLIP" and it will copy your newly changed program to your clipboard.

Then just paste back over your Word or Notepad document.

Simple and Amazing

• Like 1

Reeeeal simple.

Write it in Notepad++, or Word, or whatever you want.

Select and Copy the entire program

Open Classic99

Edit menu (Paste XB)

Save to DSK1.

I could not work without my Notepad++ and Classic99...

Assuming you make adjustments while in Classic99, you can simply type "LIST CLIP" and it will copy your newly changed program to your clipboard.

Then just paste back over your Word or Notepad document.

Simple and Amazing

i use Classic99 to code a lot and test my code then I transfer it to the real TI via Magic FM or other methods.

• Like 2

These days, there is little reason to program on the real machine unless it's a hardware project or you have masochistic tendencies.

Sometimes if I don't feel like going back to the PC to change something, I'll just use Funnelweb to make the change. I haven't been able to create source code large enough yet that it can't load in Funnelweb. :)

Gazoo

• Like 3

<< THIS VIDEO >> by another user shows how the HDX

These days, there is little reason to program on the real machine unless it's a hardware project or you have masochistic tendencies.

Thanks to another Atari Age users video, << HERE >>, I started using both since the PC and the TI can share the same files via the HDX.

You can program on either machine, save, run and test using either Classic99 or R.I. Heck, for debugging you can even dump a file listing to your PC's printer! I'm not the worlds best programmer, so a printout gives me time to ponder my mistakes.

• Like 1

http://nivelleringslikaren.eu/ti994a_basic/

upload/download TIFILES

• Like 1