IGNORED

the secret government waffle project

So I don't avoid another potential lengthy deleting file session and fiasco, I've decided to put the file on the website and not post it as an attachment here.

Basically what this is is my tomato throwing game I tried to make in Batari Basic, but the tomatoes kept on flickering (hence the thread devoted to it.) I could have just as easily done this on the Odyssey 2, but I decided to do it on the Intellivision because it has more colors to choose from and better sprite capabilities. All I have done so far is the title screen. That's it. The title screen plays a little ditty I composed. It should be eerie to give the game a spooky theme, since it's the SECRET government waffle project.

the secret government waffle project's website: http://www.atari2600land.com/sgwp/

yum.

• Like 2

OK, thanks! I now added collision detection for the waffles. Not only that, I added a score. I have something planned for the 7th and final sprite. It will be a powerup. (or powerdown!) But even without it, it's beginning to look like an actual game now.

post-9475-0-17743400-1433174408_thumb.gif

• Like 1

I added in some power ups. These start at 10 seconds in for testing purposes, but in the final version they will start 60 seconds in. It took a few hours because the code was misbehaving. Here is a list of power-ups (so far)

TEN - (blue) - add 10 points to the score

SNAIL - (green) - slow the waffles down for 10 seconds

STOP SIGN (red) - stop the waffles completely for 10 seconds.

Anyone have any ideas for the fourth one? I need a fourth one.

Teleport the waffles back to a starting position, or maybe make the player MOB 1-2 size so he is harder to hit.

I added in some power ups. These start at 10 seconds in for testing purposes, but in the final version they will start 60 seconds in. It took a few hours because the code was misbehaving. Here is a list of power-ups (so far)

TEN - (blue) - add 10 points to the score

SNAIL - (green) - slow the waffles down for 10 seconds

STOP SIGN (red) - stop the waffles completely for 10 seconds.

Anyone have any ideas for the fourth one? I need a fourth one.

Looks cool so far.

Maybe you could have a "bomb" power up - if the player gets it, it blows up all the waffles on the screen, and the player gets the points for them.

It would only give the player a second of relief, but it might look cool...

Catsfolly

post-14916-0-97646100-1433221528_thumb.gif

Thanks. I feel the game in the graphics department needs a little something else. Perhaps someone can design a machine on the right side of the screen in Mode 1 graphics that dispenses waffles (like the title screen in GoSub), or teach me how to design my own things like that in INTV Basic? By the way, small updated, I added a death song in.

I enjoy watching a game evolve like this. Thanks for letting us look over your shoulder.

- Just a thought: it's a little dull when the stop sign completely kills all the action for 10 seconds. Maybe it could instead put the waffles in stop-motion mode, which is still a good slowdown reward.

- How about a reward where I can earn forks to fight off the waffles and survive some direct hits? Just thinking out loud here. :)

post-39531-0-94641000-1433288005_thumb.png

you could have some kind of mechanical machine spitting out the waffles. got to go to kids baseball game so i had to stop working on it.

Nice, but there is a bit too much fine detail in there to pull off on the real hardware so I've Intified it for you :-

post-21935-0-22317000-1433289531.png