IGNORED

Doom 2

whaleform

Would be great. In the meantime I recommend Doom 3 collectors edition for PS3. It has really clean versions of Doom 1 & 2 included.

After you beat 3 though first, right? I was duped that way with Splatterhouse... gotta play through the game before the original two are unlocked. :mad: :lol:

Doom 2 would be a pretty sweet addition to the library. It's a shame we'll probably never see a port of it. Maybe if it were JagCD, there'd be background music too.

Doom II maps are out there for the Jag version - just no weapon enhancements.

Cut and pasted below from this post by the author: http://atariage.com/forums/topic/207771-doom-2-homebrew/page-3

Thanks for all the feedback about the work I did years ago.. we should really pick it up again and finish it.

In the meantime here is a list of the levels in the 2 rom versions. I did do other levels and they are in various

rom on my hard drive.

v98

Intro level

Entryway

Underhalls

The Gantlet

The Focus

The Waste Tunnels

The Crusher

Dead Simple

Tricks & Traps

Tenements

The Catacombs

The Abandoned Mines

Monster Condo

AC2011 version

Intro Level

Entryway

Underhalls

The Gantlet

The Focus

The Waste Tunnels

The Crusher

Dead Simple

Tricks & Traps

The Inmost Dens

The Courtyard

The Living End

Edited by rayik

ID should do (or approve) a release of Doom 2 for the Jag just like the Another World team did with the RGC. :D One can wish..played many an hour of Doom II on my Mac Performa 450 back in the mid 90's. Of course the screen was about the size of a postcard for it to be playable..lol

• Like 1

Well, a Doom 3 (doom3 to doom 2 assets) for Jag is being attempted. It will be CD based and have new maps, assets, and in-game music from the original 3DO doom soundtrack. I have listed this under jag homebrews. Atlantis may possibly be referring to me. Target time frame Is anything less than 5 years, I would love to say 18 months but we'll see. Yes, real time video of it running on a Jag (jag and TV in video at same time) will be uploaded as its made.

• Like 4

Atlantis may possibly be referring to me. Target time frame Is anything less than 5 years, I would love to say 18 months but we'll see. Yes, real time video of it running on a Jag (jag and TV in video at same time) will be uploaded as its made.

I for once have some thin hopes in this, taken with a grain of salt ofc. I wish you the best, and hope there will be a final product in the end. You can have that much for getting a skunk and for trying. The rest is up to the future to unfold, but until then I won't be your case's Nazgul. I the end, I'm in for Doom through Jaglink some day, and that is enough for me if this project turns sour. The odds are against you, but people have done the impossible before...

Cut and pasted below from this post by the author: http://atariage.com/forums/topic/207771-doom-2-homebrew/page-3

Thanks for all the feedback about the work I did years ago.. we should really pick it up again and finish it.

In the meantime here is a list of the levels in the 2 rom versions. I did do other levels and they are in various

rom on my hard drive.

v98

Intro level

Entryway

Underhalls

The Gantlet

The Focus

The Waste Tunnels

The Crusher

Dead Simple

Tricks & Traps

Tenements

The Catacombs

The Abandoned Mines

Monster Condo

AC2011 version

Intro Level

Entryway

Underhalls

The Gantlet

The Focus

The Waste Tunnels

The Crusher

Dead Simple

Tricks & Traps

The Inmost Dens

The Courtyard

The Living End

How difficult would it be for someone to combine the last 3-4 levels of each using the two rom images as the source, into a 6MB rom for use with the skunkboard and have 16 levels in one rom image?

Well, a Doom 3 (doom3 to doom 2 assets) for Jag is being attempted. It will be CD based and have new maps, assets, and in-game music from the original 3DO doom soundtrack. I have listed this under jag homebrews. Atlantis may possibly be referring to me. Target time frame Is anything less than 5 years, I would love to say 18 months but we'll see. Yes, real time video of it running on a Jag (jag and TV in video at same time) will be uploaded as its made.

This is for real?, sounds like an awesome and ambitious project. Being on cd, will you be creating your own engine for the game?, i guess adapting the one form ID Jag Doom would be much work and it would get crippled in the process. Do you think you will be able to match the performance of IDs port?

Yes, It's for real. To answer your question, Yes, It will be new new rom modeled after the jag doom for compatibility but allowing for new features such as guns, enemies and in-game music. As far as performance, "aiming for the moon", The odd(but cool) object processor will be taken advantage of as much as possible due to the systems low ram. One of my main concerns is pulling off the transfer from the cd without the game constantly giving a "load" screen during play of any given level. I will have to match the the ram usage with the read speed of the cd-rom closely because the levels themselves (each level) will be larger than 2mb. IN game "lock" for a few seconds and then the game resuming play as normal is a major concern.

Edited by onalok

Yes, It's for real. The odd(but cool) object processor will be taken advantage of as much as possible

I remember when I would read developer interviews of them thinking back on the Jaguar I always expected them to be impressed with the Blitter. What surprised me was that most of them seemed blown away by what the Object Processor could do rather than the Blitter.

Edited by JagChris

How difficult would it be for someone to combine the last 3-4 levels of each using the two rom images as the source, into a 6MB rom for use with the skunkboard and have 16 levels in one rom image?

If the level data was packed it would still be a 4mb rom, never got round to doing the packed level data bit of the tutorial... Moved on to other stuff shortly after, but I suppose a couple of days it hack it all in there ...

I remember when I would read developer interviews of them thinking back on the Jaguar I always expected them to be impressed with the Blitter. What surprised me was that most of them seemed blown away by what the Object Processor could do rather than the Blitter.

Probably because variations of the Blitter had been around for years in Amiga and Atari ST/E/TT/Falcon, the Jag's blitter was just the latest version and of course a 64-bit version.