IGNORED

What's the most you paid...

Army Of 2600

I don't mind telling how much, but then I don't wanna say for what.

Or I could say for what, but then will be embarrassed by how much.

...okay. $20 for Double Dragon.

I know it's not much in the grand "collector" scheme. And I could have played it via Stella/Harmony Cart. And I can't imagine paying $20 for anything again unless it's H.E.R.O..

But I had to own that thing. I LOVED Double Dragon when I was young, on just about any platform. Even though $20 is twice what I paid for my second-most-expensive game.

(*facepalm* What's WRONG with me...?!?)

I paid $25 for a sealed Beat Em & Eat Em (the 90s were a different time), which most people consider "bad." I think it's an OK Kaboom knockoff and it's fun to get out and show people who've never seen or heard of the "adult" games.

Most of the truly bad, truly rare games I have were either found in the wild for a buck or two or I got through trades. It's pretty rare that I'll pay more than 5 dollars for a game I know I won't play.

$75 for a loose Waterworld would probably be the most I've spent on crap for "collecting" purposes. Oh wait, think I did pay $100-$125 for a Quadrun come to think of it!

And I too bought the first three Mystique games shrinked in the 90's... probably $25ea as mentioned. Kept Custer's Revenge though. :lol:

I don't think that I have ever spent more than about Cdn$10 for a single game -- that would have been either Robot Tank or Front Line (I got them both NIB when the local Woolco store closed in the early-1990s). I have spent about Cdn$5 for a few individual games at trift shops (e.g. River Raid II).

Mainly I bought large box lots for ~Cdn$20-$50 in the 1980s and 1990s. I have not significantly added to my collection in many years, and not at all since 2009. I flatly refuse to use eBay (or any other online vendor); I only shop retail.

I'm a new collector and for me it's $15 for video cube. Not terrible but meh for me. I knew that was a decent price so I bit on it. For Atari, Activision, and Imagic I'm willing to spend a bit more freely since I consider them the big three and would like to get reasonably close to getting all of their titles (that don't cost an arm and a leg anyway). There's no way I'd personally drop Quadrun or Pepsi Invaders money on a cartridge, and I won't lose any sleep about 'missing' them either.

$300 for Lochjaw, around the same for River Patrol. $200 for Quadrun (this was before mexico) few hundo for quite a few NTSC Bomb games, $200 for music machine, $150 for condor attack. $250(?) for the color bar.generator, $350 for out of control...i would mention Malagai but I actually think thats a decent game. $150 for CIB Death trap, same for CIB Master builder, few hundred for a NIB Smurfs save the day set...around a hundred each for nice mint video jogger and reflex. Hmmm...$500 for BSG (not a bad game but HIGHLY over rated) $200 for CIB Cakewalk, actually that game is decent so I take that back. I had magicard at one point, cant remember what I paid but it was a lot! I think I paid around $150 for a spot on Videolife repro. Hundred bucks for spider maze, few hundred for CIB Texas chainsaw massacre...the list could really go on and on but this was before kids and I currently own none of them, lol

I think I'm capped at about €100 for a loose pal red label bmx airmaster. Picked up a loose pal mangia for about €80.

I have to admit, I do feel guilty a bit when I spend that amount on a piece of plastic, but usually I sell stuff to fund those purchases.