IGNORED

They have to be joking...

TheEditor

Funny about the OBO. I'm starting to think some people does understand how that works. I contacted a guy the other day that was asking $100 OBO for about 8 common 2600 loose carts. I suggested that he was a bit high on his asking price and showed him a few links to several recent autions where more items sold for much less. He responded with, "I said OBO".

I didn't have the heart to tell him he was using it all wrong. :-D

And don't you just love the wealth of information...

Does it even work?

Wear and tear..Cassette loads?

350 OBO for a possible box with some metal and plastic in that may or may not work..(way too expensive as a spare buy)

Amazing..

Edited by Mclaneinc

My favorite recent example of this was recently relisted. Check out this beauty, in case you missed it the first time around:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/A01879-ATARI-800-Personal-Computer-CX801-OS-10K-ROM-3x-CX853-16K-RAM-UNTESTED-/301650912948?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item463bcba6b4

I've been watching that one for a while out of curiosity. What a hunk of junk. I love how they didn't even bother to route the video cable out the hole when it was closed up. I'm not even sure it would be worth the shipping charges to buy for spare parts.

Here's another outrageously priced 400. The description is great.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/201277310139?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

This Lot comes with the highly collectable game "Basic" computing language.

Computer programmers will know the significance of this cartridge.

These are becoming very hard to find, and will only go up in price.

You can find a similar version in the Georgian Game console and computer museum.

I enjoy the auctions where people are selling opened, used, microprose disk games for $75.00. Yes the same ones that Best has for $9.99 brand new. To be fair, the resellers do have a business to run, and some buyers are gullible. Many will also come down significantly if you ask nice, best offer button or not.

Funny about the OBO. I'm starting to think some people does understand how that works. I contacted a guy the other day that was asking $100 OBO for about 8 common 2600 loose carts. I suggested that he was a bit high on his asking price and showed him a few links to several recent autions where more items sold for much less. He responded with, "I said OBO".

I didn't have the heart to tell him he was using it all wrong. :-D

I don't understand. How was he using it wrong? Did you make an offer?

Now, I don't usually respond to those personally, because it seems to (more often than not) escalate into an argument... Maybe it's just me. :)

Edited by R.Cade

Well, "you're doing it all wrong" is just a saying but when someone says, OBO, usually that means less than what their asking but not so much that the offer is insulting. If he's asking $100 and maybe a reaonable price is around $20, one might feel a little apprehensive making an offer so far off from the original asking price. I just think people should do a little research on the going price before posting. If they aren't, make the asking price REAL low so I can afford it. :-D

And you're probably right about starting a fight but I tried to put it a way that would help him. I put a watch on it and it sold. I don't know what it sold for but if he got $100, good for him.

One tactic I have used with Ebay resellers is to offer to buy some other items they have as well at full price (the more reasonable ones). Obviously if you go in guns blazing with proof of lower sales they may take offense. I usually butter them up.

$60 item...."Hi, would you be willing to take $30? I understand that seems like a lowball offer, but I am not willing to take the plunge that high. $30 would be my max, so no counteroffers please. Please feel free to decline, it is your business and I get it. I just have been watching this for 3 weeks and it hasn't budged so I figured what the heck." This has worked for me a couple times, even on items not marked OBO. I am curious how low an offer "happiestsellerever" on ebay takes, considering the prices. If you don't know that seller look him up. The prices make me choke.