IGNORED

New game - Great Escape

mariuszw

Hi,

If you like that image, I think Rastaconverter could make a good conversion.

The best result theoretically achievable is something like that:

attachicon.gifoutput.png-dst.png

I will try the conversion in a few days; my netbook have not the necessary power and I am away from home.

Well, that image seems based on this: http://www.mobygames.com/game/great-escape/cover-art/gameCoverId,181918/

I modified it to remove the title at the top, this is the result:

post-18634-0-64800000-1434508568_thumb.jpg

IMHO, this is a better starting image.

• Like 2

Sorry for the delay but I wasn't home.

Thanks dmsc for source image.

Here is my conversion, 60 colors:

post-12528-0-89308200-1434831838_thumb.png

Philsan_TheGreatEscape.xex

Perhaps an even better result could be achieved, but first I would like to know if Mariusz likes that image and wants to use it in his game.

Edited by Philsan

Well,

I played a little bit with the file - and compressed it by more than 33%. At first I used Superpacker/Exomizer, but since the gamefile has dozens of segments (short code patches/fixes at the end I assume), I finally used Code3 Cruncher to make it shorter... see attachment here. Next, I also added a simple Gr. 2 text-title, which currently displays "LOADING", just change it to "THE GREAT ESCAPE"...

Regarding a title picture, well, I prefer irgendwer`s title picture (from the movie, I guess - to me the guy looks like Steve Mc Queen), but I would like to have some more colours and a bit more details in it. The other picture looks to speccy-like to me.Tried to put irgendwer`s title picture in front of the packed game, but it did not work - the pict. did not initialize but run/execute instead (allthough I changed the run adress into an init. adress) and then the file did not continue loading the game... maybe someone can change this...

The attachment now has three files: a) codge.xex, the code3-cruncher compressed game file, b) exotge.xex, the exomizer packed title-picture from irgendwer and c) greatesc.txt, an ASCII text for the game, describing what to do (description taken from mobygames, hopefully usefull for the A8 version too)...

greatesc.zip

• Like 1

Played on my 130XE/PAL/1050/Mydos/MyPicodos. Didn't have a clue but was fun walking around :thumbsup:

Thanks for report.

For instructions, please go here: http://c64games.de/phpseiten/spieledetail.php?filnummer=338and download Manual and Loesung (= Solution in English). Manual and solution are in English. These should give you some hints about where to walk actually ;)

Here is new version of Great Escape. It has PMG overlay implemented, so now it has some more colors. Thanks for Jose Pereira for coloring game screens. Also, it has bugfix for using fire button in joystick, so now it can be actually played, and items can be picked up, used, and dropped.

ge.obx

• Like 2

Sorry for the delay but I wasn't home.

Thanks dmsc for source image.

Here is my conversion, 60 colors:

attachicon.gifPhilsan_TheGreatEscape.png

attachicon.gifPhilsan_TheGreatEscape.xex

Perhaps an even better result could be achieved, but first I would like to know if Mariusz likes that image and wants to use it in his game.

Picture is nice and I thinking about using it, however it looks that picture uses lots of CPU time due to mid-scanline color changes and I wonder if there will be enough CPU cycles to play a music, which I would also like to include in the game.

Now I am waiting for th music to be done and then I will start implementing title screen.

Picture is nice and I thinking about using it, however it looks that picture uses lots of CPU time due to mid-scanline color changes and I wonder if there will be enough CPU cycles to play a music, which I would also like to include in the game.

Now I am waiting for th music to be done and then I will start implementing title screen.

New game's version is awesome, thanks Mariusz and José!

Regarding title screen, I think there are enough CPU cycles to play music, perhaps I'll need to make a smaller picture (200 pixels high instead of 240 pixels).

I am now working on a new picture that I think everyone will like!

• Like 2

I like it, but I like previous picture more. This one has too much details, making them look not good, because of picture resolution being not big enough. Thanks for your efforts!

Humm, I have to say that I really like this last picture but it needs like most of Rasta pictures some fixes and on a first and quick looking it maybe not all that hard.

Philsan please send me the Rasta Converter .ras file so that I can load it onto G2F and see what can be done. I never tried this because I never did any Rasta screen but lets see...

I like it, but I like previous picture more. This one has too much details, making them look not good, because of picture resolution being not big enough. Thanks for your efforts!

it looks superb as a miniature here on site, but when run full screen it is less impressive indeed.