IGNORED

Activision Patches, difficulty & 2015 Summer Quest

cvga

Tonight I tried two games...

Grand Prix: 4 plays, best 0:41 (close...)

Seaquest: 3 plays, best 24,730 (not close...)

20150826_194137_zpsy13cpvyj.jpg

Shame I am getting to this thread late... Would like to have had a full season to try some games out.

I believe I actually WANT to get SeaQuest... That game is becoming addicting. :) first go round I scored 8800 plus some change... Second time through it was 19K and some change. Third time around, the score you see. I believe with some practice, 50K isnt out of range. :)

Edited by Opry99er
  • Like 4

Darthkur, your Dolphin score is NOT enough to earn "Friends of Dolphins" patch. You MUST score at least 80,000 points.

To get a special patch (Secret Society of Dolphins), you must reach 300,000 points.

It took me 20 minutes to reach this ultimate score on Dolphin - I jumped over the seahorses on later waves.

Oh shit. Don't know how I got that mixed up. Thanks for the heads up. Will have to try that one over again.

The most recent one arrived today. Just thought I'd share my meager collection, since y'all seem to share my affinity for these Activision things...

IMG_2467.jpg

I've earned, but have yet to acquire, patches for Sky Jinks, Dolphin, Ice Hockey, Laser Blast...

... and *ahem*... Pitfall!. http://atariage.com/forums/topic/237061-dear-activision/

Everyone still having enjoying their respective quests?

• Like 4

The most recent one arrived today. Just thought I'd share my meager collection, since y'all seem to share my affinity for these Activision things...

IMG_2467.jpg

I've earned, but have yet to acquire, patches for Sky Jinks, Dolphin, Ice Hockey, Laser Blast...

... and *ahem*... Pitfall!. http://atariage.com/forums/topic/237061-dear-activision/

Everyone still having enjoying their respective quests?

I'm definitely going to start collecting the actual patches. Sigh.....there goes more money out the door. :P

Ha! I suppose this has been a rather pricey thread to get hooked on...

Indeed. Speaking of the patches though, have you, or anyone else here for that matter, ever hear any cases of people making pirated Activision patches? I Wondering if that's something I have to worry about when searching for them.

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Starmaster - 7,695 (Wing Commander)

post-10357-0-37550000-1441197887_thumb.jpg

This was way harder than any of the other levels. You must shoot quickly and accurately the horde of enemy fighters that surround the Starbase in the lower right hand corner of the radar screen. This has to be done in order to prevent that base from being destroyed. If it is the 500 point penalty makes a score of over the required 7,600 impossible.

Doing this using my original light sixer and the original cart I bought in the 80's makes it even more special. (To me anyway) :-D

post-10357-0-51773700-1441198388_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Laser Blast - 1,000,000 !!!!!! (game 3)

post-10357-0-59305200-1441215699_thumb.jpg

I really didn't think I'd ever do this. My hands are sore for it. Doubt I'll ever do it again, but I said that about doing it in the first place. :P

Laser Blast was the first Activision game I ever bought. So it only took me about 34 years to accomplish this patch.

• Like 4

Wow...

I tried it last night for a few minutes... Couldn't get the feel for it--- only a few thousand points... Kept getting whacked and falling from the sky.

Wasn't even worth posting about. ;)

A mil is ridiculous. Great job

Thanks. There's a pattern / groove you have to get into. Even then you get hit. That and a lot of determination. ;)

Laser Blast - 1,000,000 !!!!!! (game 3)

attachicon.gif100_9100.JPG

I really didn't think I'd ever do this. My hands are sore for it. Doubt I'll ever do it again, but I said that about doing it in the first place. :P

Laser Blast was the first Activision game I ever bought. So it only took me about 34 years to accomplish this patch.

Awesome job!! I knew you would go for it! :) I did it on game 1 and it took 5 hours. It was the longest gaming session I did in over 12 years and I almost crashed out asleep a few times. It probably took 2-3 hours in game 3. I probably won't be playing this game for quite some time. It was too tedious.

• Like 1

Awesome job!! I knew you would go for it! :) I did it on game 1 and it took 5 hours. It was the longest gaming session I did in over 12 years and I almost crashed out asleep a few times. It probably took 2-3 hours in game 3. I probably won't be playing this game for quite some time. It was too tedious.

All I know is that it took almost 4 full albums to play through. :-D About 2 1/2 I think. I got nervous a few times that I wasn't going to make it when I lost a few too many ships here and there. Would have been a real kick in the ass to get really far and then get killed. Don't know if I would have ever tried again if that would of happened.

• Like 1