IGNORED

Activision Patches, difficulty & 2015 Summer Quest

cvga

Some of these, like Seaquest and Ice Hockey, I have always been able to achieve the patch scores rather easily. However others like Crackpots and Dolphin I haven't even come close to achieving.

Has anyone ever achieved all the scores for Grand Prix? I've gotten the first race several times, but never any of the others. I've always found it so hard to remember where all the gaps are after the first bridge.

I know (years and years ago when Grand Prix was a new game) I was able to beat the time on at least 3 of the levels. I played for a few minutes earlier this week though and failed to get the needed time by about 1 second on game 1 (I didn't even play the others).

You probably got bored and lost your concentration. According to the manual the difficulty stops ramping up after the sixth group of tanks, and then it just gets very repetitive. The third or fourth time I played Laser Blast I figured out the timing and then I could just keep on playing. I stopped at about 200,000 points or so because it felt like I had been playing forever and I was just plain bored. I think earning a patch in Laser Blast is more of a test of your mental endurance than of your skill. Has anyone here had the patience to actually play this to 1,000,000?

I did it before.:) I Even got the patch, But I lost it and the picture somehow over all these years.

Hello everyone! I presume an actual console and cart is required in order to achieve these "virtual patches"? I mean, no emulation allowed in playing?

Well, it's not my thread, but I've got no ethical problem with emulation. As long as you're not screwing with the gameplay settings and whatnot.

But what's the consensus on alternate controllers? D-pads and the like? I'm playing with my trusty CX-40, but what say the mob?

Well, it's not my thread, but I've got no ethical problem with emulation. As long as you're not screwing with the gameplay settings and whatnot.

But what's the consensus on alternate controllers? D-pads and the like? I'm playing with my trusty CX-40, but what say the mob?

I hope there's nothing against alternate controllers. I'm using my vintage WICO "bat" stick, just like the one I had as a kid BITD. I bought this one new-old-stock and never opened last summer. According to the date stamped inside, it was made in January 1983. Thats' gonna have to count in my book, lol!

• Like 1

cvga is the OP in this thread and the one to make the rules. I guarantee emulation is allowed. Just no use of save states, and cheats therefore.

It's our thread and our rules. I like to be inclusive and see more people enjoying the thread. I see no issues with emulation. I do agree that you shouldn't use saves or other cheats.

I hope there's nothing against alternate controllers. I'm using my vintage WICO "bat" stick, just like the one I had as a kid BITD. I bought this one new-old-stock and never opened last summer. According to the date stamped inside, it was made in January 1983. Thats' gonna have to count in my book, lol!

No issues with alternative controllers as long as they aren't giving you an unfair advantage (via programmable keys, etc).

• Like 2

It's our thread and our rules. I like to be inclusive and see more people enjoying the thread. I see no issues with emulation. I do agree that you shouldn't use saves or other cheats.

No issues with alternative controllers as long as they aren't giving you an unfair advantage (via programmable keys, etc).

Awesome!! Works for me. I'm having a blast with this so far!! I'm working on Stampede and keep getting 2,500 to 2,900. The black angus cows are always the ones that throw the wrench in your progress. > X ( I like to see more people chime in on this as well.

• Like 1

I remember when I first got Plaque Attack way back in the day, I qualified for the patch on the first play. I couldn't believe it. I still have the patch. I was no superstar player, that is for sure, so that must have been an easy score to get.

I usually get 25,000 to 30,000 on Plaque Attack. It's awkward how you change the direction you want to face when firing the toothpaste. The food gets so insane after the first waves of them. I hate the cherries and strawberries!

It's interesting to see that list with all of the patch scores together. I guess I never really paid much attention, but I didn't realize how low some of them were. 40k on Frostbite? 45k on Megamania? 35k on Keystone? 3k on Kaboom?

Maybe I'm not being very objective because I had these games growing up, but man, those are not difficult targets.