Photo

Warrior has Arrived!

43 replies to this topic

#26 Blazing Lazers OFFLINE  

Blazing Lazers

Stargunner

• 1,065 posts

Posted Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:48 PM

Just a friendly heads-up if anyone's interested- I have a spare overlay and manual for this title available in the following Marketplace thread:

http://atariage.com/...-ps1-gems-misc/

#27 SpiceWare ONLINE  

SpiceWare

Quadrunner

• 10,950 posts
  • Medieval Mayhem

Posted Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:54 PM

I just received my copy of Warrior last night, but haven't had a chance to play it yet. In case anyone here is still waiting for theirs, I was number 91. I think he ended up selling 150 of them. So he's over half way done.

Thanks for the update! He exceeded 150, I'm waiting for #157.

#28 ubersaurus ONLINE  

ubersaurus

River Patroller

• 4,947 posts

Posted Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:55 PM

I think I'm the last one :(

#29 ComputerSpaceFan OFFLINE  

ComputerSpaceFan

River Patroller

• 2,067 posts

Posted Sat Apr 2, 2016 10:08 PM

Not sure if I ever showed you guys my review of Warrior ..... it seemed to be enjoyed by the Vector Gaming forum folks.....

#30 thegoldenband ONLINE  

thegoldenband

Quadrunner

• 5,110 posts

Posted Sat Apr 2, 2016 10:16 PM

Thanks for the update! He exceeded 150, I'm waiting for #157.

I'm in the 140s, myself. Someone mentioned he hasn't been shipping strictly in order -- have any numbers over #100 shown up?

#31 ledzep OFFLINE  

ledzep

River Patroller

• 2,337 posts

Posted Mon Apr 11, 2016 2:17 PM

My #106 arrived today!  All right, it was a long time coming but worth it.  I bought one of the first ones so I've had a copy for a while, at some point I ordered a second one for my brother.  So he will finally get his birthday present (Warrior is one of his favorite old-school arcade games).  Looking forward to Tail Gunner now!

#32 ComputerSpaceFan OFFLINE  

ComputerSpaceFan

River Patroller

• 2,067 posts

Posted Sat Apr 23, 2016 4:07 PM

By the way I made a video about calibrating Warrior .... might be handy info?

#33 SpiceWare ONLINE  

SpiceWare

Quadrunner

• 10,950 posts
  • Medieval Mayhem

Posted Tue Oct 11, 2016 2:15 PM

Mine arrived today! That's one heavy cartridge.

IMG_7641.jpg

IMG_7643.jpg

My original order from November 2012 has #157, while the slip in the box has #147.  Probably a typo on one of them, though it's also possible 10 people cancelled their orders in the last 3 years.

#34 VectorGamer OFFLINE  

VectorGamer

Go Sleep In the Cold

• 12,973 posts
  • \m/

Posted Tue Oct 11, 2016 2:29 PM

though it's also possible 10 people cancelled their orders in the last 3 years.

I was one of them

#35 adamchevy OFFLINE  

adamchevy

Stargunner

• 1,094 posts

Posted Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:33 PM

Is this game fun to play?

#36 Mayhem OFFLINE  

Mayhem

River Patroller

• 4,923 posts
  • Commodore Chaos Knight

Posted Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:17 AM

Mine arrived today! That's one heavy cartridge.

I'm wondering if the very last copies of the game to ship are using George's new shells, which ARE noticeably heavier than the standard shell. Saw this with the reissued Sundance game.

#37 VectorGamer OFFLINE  

VectorGamer

Go Sleep In the Cold

• 12,973 posts
  • \m/

Posted Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:48 AM

No

#38 SpiceWare ONLINE  

SpiceWare

Quadrunner

• 10,950 posts
  • Medieval Mayhem

Posted Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:46 AM

I'm wondering if the very last copies of the game to ship are using George's new shells, which ARE noticeably heavier than the standard shell. Saw this with the reissued Sundance game.

Mine's not - it's obviously recycled:

IMG_7645.jpg

Plus there's a 1982 copyright molded into the plastic on the back

IMG_7646.jpg

#39 KidQuaalude OFFLINE  

KidQuaalude

Chopper Commander

• 227 posts

Posted Wed Oct 12, 2016 1:03 PM

They aren't recycled, they are home-made using a mold as far as I can tell, the 'wear' at the edges are due to an imperfect mold.

Most homebrewers (including myself) use brand new cartridge shells made using Sean Kellys mold. These are almost indistinguishable from the original GCE shells.

All of them have a 1982 copyright as they are molded from the original GCE cartridges.

Edited by KidQuaalude, Wed Oct 12, 2016 1:05 PM.

#40 adamchevy OFFLINE  

adamchevy

Stargunner

• 1,094 posts

Posted Fri Oct 14, 2016 7:57 AM

No

Not sure if your being sarcastic. It's hard to tell when I can't see your face, or hear your voice. From watching the video reviews it looks like a fun 2 player game, but not so much for a single player.

Edited by adamchevy, Fri Oct 14, 2016 8:00 AM.

#41 save2600 ONLINE  

save2600

Quadrunner

• 13,730 posts

Posted Fri Oct 14, 2016 8:11 AM

No

Not sure if your being sarcastic. It's hard to tell when I can't see your face, or hear your voice. From watching the video reviews it looks like a fun 2 player game, but not so much for a single player.

Looks like a cross between Swordfight, Jedi Arena and E.T. - what's not to like?   :rolling:

#42 Vectrexer OFFLINE  

Vectrexer

Chopper Commander

• 245 posts

Posted Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:24 AM

Mine's not - it's obviously recycled:

attachicon.gifIMG_7645.jpg

Plus there's a 1982 copyright molded into the plastic on the back

attachicon.gifIMG_7646.jpg

The case use on your copy of Warrior has change since the one delivered to me. I not the lack of any screw for your copy of the game. That also has bee wondering if your copy is the same as the solid version now being made.

Fury (George) cart cases should the same copyright as the Sean Kelly Reproduction carts. At least they did up to the point copy was produced. That is because it appeared the Fury case was made by taking a mold from Sean's reproduction case and using it to product the Warrior cart cases.

The tells for the Fury reproduction Vectrex cart cases case are:

• Fury reproduction Vectrex cart case color is black. The Vectrex cart case color is grey (gray) for GCE, MB and Bandai cases, as well as the Sean Kelly reproduction cases. 
  • The font seen on the outside of the Fury reproduction Vectrex cart case is the same as seen on  Sean Kelly's reproduction Vectrex cart case. The font on Sean's case is slightly different from the font seen on the the original GCE/MB cart case.
  • Lack of lettering on the inside of the Fury cart case. The original GCE/MB cart cases have production information on the inside of the cart case.
  • Duplication of the same injection mold release marks see on Sean's cart case also also seen on the inside of the Fury case cart case. The injection mold release marks on Sean's case are very different from those seen on the original GCE/MB cart cases.
  • In general, Fury's reproduction Vectrex cart case have a rough appearance. Lots of plastic flashing, Imperfect grip grooves, Imperfect letting reproduction.A somewhat rounded appearance on all edges and pins. All of this is indicative of Fury's case mold production that is a direct cast of Sean's reproduction case. A copy of a  copy if will allow me the leeway of using that analogy. 

That previous point above can sometimes leave even an injection molded copy a less structurally sound. I noticed the copy of Warrior delivered to me did not use a screw with the correct overall threading length as needed. I wonder if this lead to the game pcboard being secured with hot-melt glue inside the cart case?

At one time I had mentioned to George about the elegance of GCE/MB snap-fit cart shells. Those shells also used a screw along with the snap together closure of the shell. This has me wondering further if the last of the Warrior production being sold is using a separate mold for the hollow shells, or the solid fill shell? Would be cool if George has switched to making a snap-fit shell to allow for the elimination of the screw as seen in your copy of Warrior.

I posted a whole series of Fury Warrior for Vectrex pics (https://goo.gl/photo...RT7QmtPgws7erYA) Here are a few highlights.

P1070762.JPG P1070766.JPG P1070768.JPG P1070772.JPG P1070773.JPG P1070789.JPG P1070792.JPG

Edited by Vectrexer, Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:25 AM.

#43 SpiceWare ONLINE  

SpiceWare

Quadrunner

• 10,950 posts
  • Medieval Mayhem

Posted Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:52 AM

They aren't recycled, they are home-made using a mold as far as I can tell, the 'wear' at the edges are due to an imperfect mold.

Most homebrewers (including myself) use brand new cartridge shells made using Sean Kellys mold. These are almost indistinguishable from the original GCE shells.

All of them have a 1982 copyright as they are molded from the original GCE cartridges.

Cool - had no idea they were making new shells from the original mold.  It looked recycled to me because both sides have what appear to be screwdriver marks along the lines of what you'd seen if you had to pry open the shell.

#44 ComputerSpaceFan OFFLINE  

ComputerSpaceFan

River Patroller

• 2,067 posts

Posted Fri Nov 11, 2016 7:03 PM

I'm not sure if this is good news or not but George has made Warrior free to download

Excellent for anyone who couldn't get a copy or were on the fence but I wonder if this is a sign that George got so fed up with the frustration that title gave him he just threw it out there to download.

Oh and you can buy an overlay separately for seven bucks.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users