IGNORED

Bally Astrocade

does anyone know who owns the rights to the Bally Astrocade system? if so I need to talk to them about turning the system into multiplayer online without programming new game code. I have talked to Intellivision, and Colecovision, and the modern owners will support me if i can have research done, which is currently going. also, can't find Atari's modern owners.

• Like 1

I would say Atari's actual owners are... Atari. As in, Infogrames.

There is no informations about the fate of Astrovision; there is a Bally technologies that was a division from Bally, so they are the most likely to own the rights on the Professionnal Arcade.

does anyone know who owns the rights to the Bally Astrocade system? if so I need to talk to them about turning the system into multiplayer online without programming new game code. I have talked to Intellivision, and Colecovision, and the modern owners will support me if i can have research done, which is currently going. also, can't find Atari's modern owners.

While you're at it, try and get in touch with someone overseas that can start making some new IC's or even new drop-in motherboards so we can revive all the dead Astrocades out there.

Good luck with the Astrovision thing, I tired myself years ago when I first registered the astrocade.com domain name (I do not own it anymore; shame). I'm not sure if Astrovision licensed the system, the rights to produce and sell it, or bought out Bally's interest in it altogether.

You could try asking over on the Yahoo Bally forum, those guys know practically everything you could possibly want to know. If anybody knows, its them.

-Michael

Blazing Lazers, it's basically a Flashback type system that can play original cartridges, including the BASIC cartridge, as well as authorized downloads, and has the added feature of playing head-to-head online. My technique works with original ROMs so it doesn't require additional game code to make work online.

If I have the final say (depends on what my researchers say), I'd make sure I'd use original Astrocade parts. Since it's cheaper to produce 70's quality processors today than during the 70's, I'd use original parts, but designed to be more durable. I don't know if that is possible, I just came up with the way to turn classic games into classic online games.