IGNORED

my first arcade cab!

segasaturn

Ive been looking for an arcade cab for a long time. The shipping caused me to look locally. I found an original Pit Fighter arcade machine with new monitor, all works, set to free play etc. Nothing wrong with it for 150! Only an hour away from me! I'm so excited to say I own a arcade machine let alone an Atari one. That was just a massive bonus! So was that a good deal? Anyone like this game. I like it so far.

So was that a good deal? Anyone like this game. I like it so far.

Any working machine for $150 is a good deal, though Pit Fighter isn't in real high demand.

What you should be concerned about is that you've broken the seal by buying one. You're screwed. You'll soon be dragging home stray cabs that you don't have room for. ;)

• Like 2

I don't know.. Pit Fighter? It's a fighting game, and I dislike fighting games. It also used digitized actors. The game simply played back stored images from memory. It didn't procedurally synthesize images nor did it do any non-linear physics. There was little or no depth to the logic in the game. Then again most beat'em ups are like that.

Maybe you could use it as a basis for building a proper M.A.M.E. cabinet?

Cleaning it all up. Sooooooo much dust. But it just needs some love and care. I'm proud to say I own one. Officially. As you can see by the pics, it all works. Making dup. Key for it today actually in case I lose the original. I really like it so far. And I'm proud because not many college students own one. Ive been collecting for years but I think this is a big step for me.

post-20583-0-57462500-1434221614_thumb.jpg

post-20583-0-08588800-1434221640_thumb.jpg

Asterioids? Is that you..

Definitely not a bad first machine and $150 is a very reasonable price. Monitor and PCB are worth that easy.

Pit Fighter isn't a bad game at all, (at least I don't think it is). More importantly Pit Fighter is Jamma, and 3-button at that.. which means you've got a huge number of games you can simply plug into that cabinet.

Congrats! Arcade cabs aren't terribly in demand, but any fully working machine for $150 is a steal if you ask me. The big thing here is that Pit Fighter is a JAMMA board, which means you can take the board out and swap in other JAMMA games. Pop a TMNT or Double Dragon in that bad boy and have fun! You may even like Pit Fighter.

I was going to say if you got the dedicated pitfighter cab for $150, that was a great deal.

Being in an asteroids cab, makes it just a good deal. since its jamma, you can do whatever you want with the cab. Look into getting a multiboard for it if you feel you don't have the skills to make it into a mame cab.

• 3 weeks later...