IGNORED

New batch of RGB intellivision pcb's and mods. Interest?

I am about order a small number of Inty RGB pcb's and parts for another run of rgb mods. Just wondered if there is low, moderate or high interest to get an idea of how many boards to order. The most I plan to order is 20. They should be ready to go within a couple weeks. Thanks for your input guys.

I am about order a small number of Inty RGB pcb's and parts for another run of rgb mods. Just wondered if there is low, moderate or high interest to get an idea of how many boards to order. The most I plan to order is 20. They should be ready to go within a couple weeks. Thanks for your input guys.

please pm al and let him know. He might be interested from recent pm's with him

What does this mod do, and which version is best to do it with?

It works with all versions of the inty. The mod upgrades your inty to output RGB video that can be piped to a scart to HDMI converter. So basically you can play your inty on a tv at 720 or 1080

I just think 400 is way to high of a price .

That is for a fully refurbished, modded 100% working with all the plastics in great almost new like condition unit and the controllers working like new. I had a best offer on my auctions too, but they sell fast. They are also guaranteed I have a lot of time in refurbishing them and modding them. It usually takes 2-3 consoles to make one ready to sell in that condition. I think it's a fair price for what is involved. You can have your unit modded for what I think is a reasonable price too. I mod them for $129.00 this includes a scart cable and if I have them in stock a power Led added.

If I get a console I will give it some serious thought . Will it do composite also ?

The $399 units have A/V composite installed. I can install A/V mods on units sent to me for cost if getting RGB mod already.

Edited by juice2839

Just curious, when connected to a 720/1080 TV via HDMI, does the aspect ratio stay correct for the Intellivision (4:3) or does it stretch everything out?

im using christmas carol as an example based on it blocks. Looks pretty square and better to me. Im not sure the aspect ratio on an old tube tv because of the huge border but i believe it creates a "widescreen" picture anyway. but 1080p is bee-a-u-tee-full! I however cannot judge how it looks on an original console.

1080p. Square blocks

post-30773-0-21075200-1435704165_thumb.jpg

4.3. Skinny blocks

post-30773-0-92425000-1435704228_thumb.jpg

Edited by pimpmaul69

I have a limited number of mod kits back in stock. I am offering a mod service for your inty or inty II. I will install a RGB pcb, 8 pin mini din, and also include a scart cable. I also offer composite A/V mods with a newly designed A/V pcb that produces a really nice composite picture (the best I have seen). I can install both at the same time. I will have a small number of fully assembled ready to go inty and inty 2's on ebay fully modded with all the bells and whistles too. Again this is a limited number so if your interested please PM me for details. Thanks

A pre modded one just sold yesterday . Any chance you will sell a Intellivision 2 premodded ?

Yep, one is for auction, started lower right now and ends today. No bids yet. There seems to be little interest in them right now (probably because it's summer) So I'll probably sell that one then shelve them till fall.

• 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...