IGNORED

Dead Road 2600

Retro Lord

This first post is now updated to include the latest verion of Dead Road: 2.2 which features 3 difficulties. Novice = first 3 levels. Pro = levels 4-5-6 and Super Pro = Levels 7-8-9-infinity. I haven't made it to level 7 yet myself so it may be to difficult or worse yet, unbeatable, therefore I need your help with playtesting.

Rated M for mature.

The world is ending and zombies are rising from their graves and are now wandering the earth, so get in your car and drive, drive, drive down Dead Road. Avoid the other drivers and run over the zombies. Hang on to your helmet, it's gonna be a bumpy ride!

Features:

Your car goes red with blood when hitting the zombies!

Breakneck speed!

Radical engine sound!

Cars in different colors!

Manual:

Use the joystick to control your car left and right.

When you crash, hit the reset switch to start over.

Hitting zombies earn you 10 points.

When you clear a stage you are awarded with 100 points.

Namnloumls_zpsgz7rmqia.png

Namnloumls1_zpsjgdxq9hf.png

I hope you enjoy this fun little game, don't forget to rate & comment!

DOWNLOAD : Dead Road 2.2.bin

Edited by Retro Lord
  • Like 6

I don't know. I sent a message to Albert and if he has time I hope he'll try it out and maybe put it up on the Atari store. It all depends on that.

I've personaly played it for about an hour straight, I think it's really addictive. And my highscore is 612 if anyone wants a challenge to beat =)

The gameplay is inspired by Street Racer, but with zombies.

Edited by Retro Lord
  • Like 1

I don't know. I sent a message to Albert and if he has time I hope he'll try it out and maybe put it up on the Atari store. It all depends on that.

It would probably have to be polished more. For example, having a 2 second pause when the game is over, then allowing the player to also restart with the fire button, not just with the reset switch.

Related links:

randomterrain.com/atari-2600-memories-batari-basic-commands.html#ex_tinkernut_world_deluxe

randomterrain.com/atari-2600-memories-batari-basic-commands.html#sprite_missile_bankswitching_example

• Like 1

Alright, feature added. Anything else that might be important to add before I release the updated version?

The two example programs I linked to are based on Atari Game Standards and Procedures. The player can choose to start the game using the fire button or the reset switch, the game can be reset during gameplay if the reset switch is pressed, and after the 2 second game over pause, the player can choose to restart using the fire button or the reset switch. Those are the main things. You can also add things like auto-play and a pause feature.

Congratulations on the highscores! Your doing great! And the labels are really cool, ArenaFoot!

Thank you, RandomTerrain. I'll add in so the resetswitch can be pressed any time during the game. I'll look into Autoplay if I can squeeze that in. I'm trying to keep it 4k, and I really need to make a nicer titlescreen.

Edited by Retro Lord
  • Like 1

This game is awesome. My high score is 422. If this came out in the heyday, it would be in my Atari all the time :)

Alright, feature added. Anything else that might be important to add before I release the updated version?

Only issue I had was sometimes the background color would go white, and hide the score while I was in the heat of the next round.

Edited by sloth-machine