IGNORED

HSC12 Round 10: The Goonies & Conan - Plus Season 12 Catch-Up

To avert danger of beeing too late again, here´s my first attempt´s score: 3800

3 week round this time so plenty of time to master the games ;)

I improoved my score a little bit: 4905 (same as SHiNjide;-)

First try with altirra, this one with a real XEGS (PAL).

@PPS: There´re three of us! :-D

Sleepy

Everyone welcome to play; I'm sure there are a few more out there :thumbsup:

Goonies Starter Hints (not spoilers)

First screen - keep the stick held and use the diagonals

2nd screen - you can run into the boulders when they are down

3rd screen - relatively easy(!)

4th screen - when the bats come out you can avoid them and they go off screen - watch where they go

Edited by therealbountybob

Well Done McKong 1pt bonus for Completing The Goonies :thumbsup:

I've been playing Conan and making slow progress on the Dragon screen but progress none the less. 65,510. You can get more points by killing the bird on level 1, can't seem to get the bird on 2 and wonder if there was more to this screen on the Apple version as it seems too simple? Screen 3 not got the bird (top right) but perhaps you can?

Level 4 - you can collect a 3rd gem but not a 4th. Fun challenge: collect as many daggers as you can! After a while loads of the little hoppping creatures appear! [25]

Anyone wanting any specific help please post :)

Goonies 6,105 level 6 "the organ" is overwhelming me despite having a lot of men after level 5!

Conan 6,500 Apple II version

Atari emulators i couldn't figure out how to change disks

Altirra: File, Disk Drives, browse to disk 2.atr, Open

Atari800Win+4.0: File Attach Disk, Drive 1, browse to disk 2.atr, Open

;)

O.K., then I´ll add my Zeppelin-score.

Sleepy

:thumbsup: Anyone wanting to make some HSC serious points should try and complete any levels of Zeppelin - use the Jolly Roger "JR" version to start on any level (4 men) if you don't want to play for the start. Lots of hints on the Zeppelin thread, The first two levels are fairly easy :)

Improved on The Goonies: 7,155 (level 7). Conan still stuck on the dragon screen - read from last time if you take the extra jewel on level 4 you might not be able to do it? [You can!] Can't figure it out and usually get zapped or fried by a dragon fire ball before i've got anywhere :-o

• Like 1

Latest Tables (both games rankings will count for the points)

1st therealbountybob (p) 58 12pts
2nd Sikor (p) 56 11pts

3rd McKong (p) 30 11pts *
4th powersoft (p) 29 9pts

5th roadrunner (n) 28 8pts
6th SHiNjide (p) 27 7pts
6th Sleepy (p) 27 7pts
8th jblenkle (n) 24 6pts
9th playermissile (n) 23 5pts

* includes bonus point for 1st player to complete The Goonies

The Goonies
1st McKong (p) 13,755 30
2nd powersoft (p) 8,655 29
3rd therealbountybob (p) 7,155 28
4th SHiNjide (p) 4,905 27
5th Sikor (p) 4,905 27
6th Sleepy (p) 4,095 27
7th jblenkle (n) 1,900 24
8th playermissile (n) 1,400 23

Conan: Hall of Volta
1st therealbountybob (p) 65,510 30
2nd Sikor (p) 7,250 29
3rd roadrunner (n) 6,500 28

Catch-Up Scores

Sleepy - Zeppelin - Level 7 - 2pts

The next poll will go live at the weekend so any suggestions (especially from those who haven't made any) are welcome on the Games List ;-)

Altirra: File, Disk Drives, browse to disk 2.atr, Open

Atari800Win+4.0: File Attach Disk, Drive 1, browse to disk 2.atr, Open

;)

:thumbsup: Anyone wanting to make some HSC serious points should try and complete any levels of Zeppelin - use the Jolly Roger "JR" version to start on any level (4 men) if you don't want to play for the start. Lots of hints on the Zeppelin thread, The first two levels are fairly easy :)

Improved on The Goonies: 7,155 (level 7). Conan still stuck on the dragon screen - read from last time if you take the extra jewel on level 4 you might not be able to do it? Can't figure it out and usually get zapped or fried by a dragon fire ball before i've got anywhere :-o

Thanks for the info :thumbsup:

• Like 1

On Level 3 of Conan you need to be patient! If anyone wants a hint or two here goes: let two of them go up, so they are close together - they can then be jumped more easily when they come back down. Also, you can stand on the left of the bottom platform and jump up to avoid them while you wait for the teleporter. Remember to run and jump for everything.

Looking in my notes I've reached level 7 before but still stuck on those level 5 dragons.

C'mon guys lets beat these games :)

• Like 1

post-19705-0-81645600-1436010215_thumb.jpgConan's Dragon screen wasn't difficult after all! Next one looks tricky though! 73,310 [80,310] [84,100] I'm stuck, perhaps you have to kill those eyeballs?!

post-19705-0-74752800-1436010212_thumb.jpg

Goonies 7,655 think I know what to do to dispatch the octopus guy next time :)

post-19705-0-19676600-1436010218_thumb.jpg

Goonies still has me stumpled I thought you could flush the octopus away, will have another go...

Conan 98,830 - figured out level 6 but didn't beat it... next go... next go :)

Mid-Season Finale Poll O*P*E*N :party:

Still stuck despite another bunch of goes :twisted: Might have a crack at Zeppelin Level 3 :-o

Ok McKong put me out of my mysery - clue for the Octopus am getting here with several men.I've beaten this before. I figure go up release the cage stand on it to release the left flipper - perhaps I need both guys up on the top pulley... :twisted: is there any pattern to the bats ?

Played some Conan and got to level 5, with one life, which I quickly lost. I scored about 36,000 or so. This game really brings back memories of some people I used to play this Conan with back in junior high school; I haven't thought about them in nearly thirty years. I really dig the music on level 4. It has sort of an echo effect that sounds pretty neat, although like most of the music in this game, it's a bit repetitive. That fourth level can really get crawling with critters!

• Like 1

Ok McKong put me out of my mysery - clue for the Octopus am getting here with several men.I've beaten this before. I figure go up release the cage stand on it to release the left flipper - perhaps I need both guys up on the top pulley... :twisted: is there any pattern to the bats ?

Um sorry I honestly can't remember! The water drains out so he's lower down but can't remember how I achieved that!

Oh wait I've just looked at the screen. Yes release the cage and then use it to stand on so the guy at the bottom can jump up and hang from the pulley thing at the bottom. That makes the octopus sink

and you can jump over him, sounds like you've already done it!

As for the bats I didn't notice a pattern but I don't remember them causing too much grief on that screen

• Like 1

Played some Conan and got to level 5, with one life, which I quickly lost. I scored about 36,000 or so. This game really brings back memories of some people I used to play this Conan with back in junior high school; I haven't thought about them in nearly thirty years. I really dig the music on level 4. It has sort of an echo effect that sounds pretty neat, although like most of the music in this game, it's a bit repetitive. That fourth level can really get crawling with critters!

Level 5 was *much* easier than I thought but level 6 is very hard. Remember to get the extra Jewel on Level 4 ;)

Um sorry I honestly can't remember! The water drains out so he's lower down but can't remember how I achieved that!

Oh wait I've just looked at the screen. Yes release the cage and then use it to stand on so the guy at the bottom can jump up and hang from the pulley thing at the bottom. That makes the octopus sink

and you can jump over him, sounds like you've already done it!

As for the bats I didn't notice a pattern but I don't remember them causing too much grief on that screen

Thanks :thumbsup: Perhaps I didn't notice him move I was expecting him to be flushed away!

Remember to get the extra Jewel on [Conan,] Level 4 ;)

That's a good tip. I wouldn't have thought of that. I got that second jewel on level, got the key and saw no use hanging around. Is the extra (third) jewel on level 4 required for a later level, or does beating a later level that much easier to do?

I'm having a tough time with "The Goonies." I think I'll have to use a walk-through or video on this one. I can see how beating this myself would be entertaining and would improve the game, but I'd rather play this as an action game-- which it really isn't at all: it's a puzzler. I never realized that before now.