IGNORED

SMS Sega Master System Controller Plug Output Repair

thetallguy24

I have this SMS controller where two pin holes for the plug have metal sticking out in the middle. It takes quite a bit of effort to plug it in to my Genesis, and I'm afraid the break the Genesis' pins. The controller works fine, but I'd like to know if there is a way to fix it. Can I push them back in a certain direction?

Here is the attached pic:

post-41341-0-15198300-1435081418_thumb.jpg

I think it's worn out. It looks like the pins are for up and down and when those breaks off, it's gone.

You can salvage the controller by getting a generic 9 pin extension cord, cutting off the male end, figuring which wire goes to which pins, and solder those on SMS controller. SMS controller is very simple, just 6 switches and a ground. No chip, no other parts, nothing else.

just use a small precision screwdriver to re-shape them. It also helps to hold plug in a vise or good pliers while you do it. Another thing you could do is just plug it into an extension cable and leave it there.