IGNORED

Wico Command Control Joystick and Keypad combo on Ebay

DiscoDr.Bones

Hey All,

I'm new enough to the 5200 that I don't have a good concept as to if the asking price is reasonable here:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Atari-5200-System-Wico-Command-Control-Joystick-and-Keypad-Combo-CASE-FRESH-NEW-/231579980186?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item35eb3e119a

At $280 for the combo new, that looks to be about 50% more than if I found them used separately, but I have to admit that I have not spent all that much time looking, and I'm not sure how reliable the 5200 Wico is "well used." It is worth mentioning that I do plan on getting this setup eventually even if I don't go for one of these now. Any insight you have will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

• 8 months later...

Looks like this seller is back again. Are these controllers really that good? $278.00 good?

They're good, but certainly not $278 good. As wongojack said, most of that price is due to the rare box. With some patience, you can probably snag the joystick for around $50 on Ebay but make sure it has the separate Y-cable with it. You can then use a standard 5200 controller for the keypad and Start/Pause/Reset functions, and the joystick for gameplay. The Wico keypad accessory is nice, but tends to be pricy.

• Like 1