Photo

RARE HISTORICAL 5200 PROTOTYPE FOR SALE FOR THE FIRST TIME

27 replies to this topic

#26 Keatah OFFLINE  

Keatah

Missile Commander

• 21,848 posts

Posted Wed Dec 16, 2015 4:27 AM

Eventually the seller will put in $499 worth of time when relisting and relisting and relisting.

#27 atari2800man OFFLINE  

atari2800man

Chopper Commander

• 216 posts

Posted Fri Jan 1, 2016 3:24 PM

People really do over price Bullcrap online for retro games!1,000 for realsports basketball proto on the atari 5200.This is a damn joke.id sell it for 350.00 if it was mine.

#28 Buyatari OFFLINE  

Buyatari

River Patroller

• 3,095 posts

Posted Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:01 PM

I disagree.  As I have said already, I have sold many much less interesting or significant titles for between 150 and 300 dollars over the last 10 years.   Here's a challenge, please post an example of a more interesting unique title that sold for 4-5 times less?  ($125-100).  Once again this will be subjective, but shouldn't be too difficult: 1) Title, 2) price it sold for 3) your personal opinion of why that title is more awesome than the earliest known copy of one of only a handful of known 4 player 5200 games... but still only sold for 100-125 bucks. 

Depends on your idea of interesting. In my experience selling prototypes I have found that more people are interested in popular titles. In general they prefer popular titles over unpopular titles. There have been a few exceptions but in general sports games are some of the hardest prototypes to sell unless you sell them cheap or they are really unique.  

Awhile back I was offered a non-Atari 16bit basketball prototype. This one was indeed special. It had cussing in the play by play commentary. Instead of "He's on Fire" it might say "He's on %#@#%^* Fire" etc. Now THAT is interesting and that prototype I was told sold for 4 figures. It would take A LOT to get the non fan of 5200 basketball interested in a proto but if your prototype cusses then you just might be underpriced. 

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users