IGNORED

My interview with: Mr David Lubar Interview (Pastfinder etc).

http://www.grumpyoldgamers.co.uk/index.php?/forums/topic/3557-david-lubar-interview/

As mentioned elsewhere, earlier..here's the full 'interview' i did with David.Fantastic to be able to chat to him as it were as i so loved Pastfinder back in the day and he was'nt aware of the warm response it got from likes of Zzap64 over here.

Real pleasure to talk to and i had some great feedback from him for doing it:

Hi, Ross,

As a fellow writer, you know we write to be read, so your enthusiastic response is appreciated. I had fun answering your questions. They were well thought out.

:-) I did email back and explain i was'nt a writer, far, far from it.Just a huge fan of his work.

Enjoy the interview.

• Like 1

Thanks for an interesting interview - I did play Pastfinder a lot back then - although I thought the game was more frustrating than fun? Or perhaps I am saying it was too hard.

I actually would want to work at writing - for movies, etc etc as the more movies I watch (and TV etc) I see that the writing/content etc is pretty terrible these days and the worlds (in both fantasy and reality) are getting more and more misaligned - because fact and fiction is so messed up - people do not know what is what? anymore.

Harvey

• Like 1

Ooooo, thanks! I need a good read. I'm glad the not so nice people did not chase you away from AA.

Must have missed that, Ross has been a good friend on here, had many a very nice char with him...

Seems a lovely bloke...

As for the game, never got on with it for some reason but the interview is great..

• Like 1

Nice interview - interesting chap, I don't know David directly, but a very good friend of mine worked with him (Glen Schofield)...

Pastfinder is a great game, if you have the misfortune to play the various ports to other systems you can see how closely designed around the 800 hardware the game is.

sTeVE

Edited by Jetboot Jack
  • Like 1

Once again, thanks to all for the very kind words.

For those who like what i've done here, all i can humbly suggest is you look out for ST Gamer vol 2 for a further 4 Atari-related interviews, plus a few misc soundbytes...then there's Classic Console Magazine, which have a good few months supply of interviews i've done for them.....
Then hopefully things will align and i'll get the 2nd interview done for Frank Gaskings Atari-related GTW article and between us we'll form an article from the mass of raw data...
And i've 3 (i think) more Atari-related Q+A things to come in, which will probably end up on Grumpy Old Gamesrs, so linked to on here and then just the mini-interviews i've done for Unseen 64's upcoming book.
Been great to do these, but i'm very much in the final stages of the wind down, exit stage right....
They take a lot of time to do, work and life in general being what it is...line had to be drawn, nothing more planned.