IGNORED

fbForth -- (Multiple Q&A Time) ;)

Omega-TI

fbForth  

18 members have voted

1. 1. What is your CURRENT interest in fbForth?

• Huge! I eat, sleep and breath in Forth!
    • Moderate. I'm interested in learning more.
    • Good. I'd like to know more and what it can do for me.
    • Semi-Moderate. I'd like to know more about it and what it can do for me.
    • Passing Interest. I read the message to see what's up.
    • Other
    • N/A
  2. 2. What it your KNOWLEDGE LEVEL?

• I'm an fbForth Guru!
    • Good, I know my way around.
    • Fair, I can do some stuff.
    • Noob, I don't know jack!
    • Other
    • N/A
  3. 3. Cartridge status

• Have a cartridge.
    • Want a cartridge.
    • On the fence about getting a cartridge.
    • Other
  4. 4. If you have a cartridge, why did you get started with Forth? (Multiple Choice)

• Speed
    • 80 Columns
    • Programming
    • Programs (Utilities and/or games)
    • Other
    • N/A (No cartridge)
  5. 5. I'm more of a...

6. 6. I'd be interested in an online beginner's course.

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Forth is Forth (with some Varieties.)

Do yourself a huge favor... Buy or DL "Starting Forth" by Leo Brodie. Game changer...

The first edition (there are two) is the one that is cross-referenced in Appendix C of both manuals for fbForth 1.0 and 2.0 as well as my edition of the TI Forth manual. PDFs of Starting FORTH, 1st Ed. are here on WHTech.

...lee

• Like 1

I am not sure how fast or slow I should proceed with the lessons on the tutorial blog listed below. It's getting a few views now and again, but nothing serious. I don't want to outrun anyone who may need a little assistance or to take it so slow as to bore everyone to tears. Comments or PMs on the relevant lesson posts can certainly help me plan future posts.

...lee

Take yer time, please!

Three weeks in-between would probably be good for me. I don't find a whole lot of time (in one setting) to actually study stuff. When I'm home I'm always "in & out", doing other things, chores, projects, etc. For this stuff, I need to actually sit down, turn on the TI and devote a block of time... then find more time to go over it again later, or even take notes to get it to 'sink in'. So time in-between would help me out at least, others probably need less time. Damn, I miss my youth when I only had to read something once.

Point in fact, I've printed up lesson two, but still have not gotten to it yet. :_(

Just a quick question that has probably already been covered a thousand times(apologies in advance), how do we actually go about getting either a fbForth or TF cartridge.

That was easy (at least for the fbForth I got). All I did was PM Lee, then PayPal him the money. The cartridge arrived in record time!

• Like 1

You can also use it very easily in Classic99... Sure you knew that, but wanted to mention it for those who might not have known.

I have tried it on Classic99 but I just prefer using the real thing, believe it or not-I actually enjoy using the 4a keyboard.

• 2 weeks later...