IGNORED

Fetzner SuperCart Docs

atrax27407

Does anyone have the docs for the Jim Fetzner SuperCart? I have tried Mainbyte but the link from the mani screen to Projects/Upgrades generates an error.

if you go to arcadeshopper.com, there is a good parts list. Also the Fetzner Supercarts design was made to a point from the mainbyte project, but there are a few differences. This PCB makes it very simply to solder the components on and go without having to worry about carving up an existing PCB.

I have put together about 4 of these with no issues. I even posted a complete parts list used with part numbers from jameco.com

HERE

If you have any questions I would be happy to provide what I know.

Edited by Cschneider

I used the mainbyte project page for the 4-Bank Supercart extensively for this one. Other than a parts list, I never did any additional documentation, as all you really need to do is read the Mainbyte page to see what it can do and build the board using the parts list. I just went to the project page a few minutes ago, so it is working. I hope that helps! :) :) :) I really need to make another run of these soon. . .

Strange! When I got to Mainbyte and then to Projects/Updates, the page appears for a split second and then I get a "DNS error" message. However, the dirct link that Jim provided works just fine. It makes no sense to me!

use the www.arcadeshopper.com website. It has the updated list of components..

All the links here on mainbyte.com go to .HTMLs, but only the Project/Updates goes to an .ASP-file, so this cannot be a DNS-Problem.

I am almost sure you have a locally browser-problem. Maybe you can try that from another browser or machine ?

Maybe - in your browser´s config - there is something switched OFF, like "scripting" or like this ?

PS: I think you have JavaScript blocked (does not mean Java, or something like Active Scripting or so)

i.e. if using InternetExplorer, please check ->Tools ->InternetOptions ->Security -> InternetZone -> Modify

and look out for settings like that which are blocked here.

I would not just "allow" them in generall, it is to dangerous, but first I would try to set them to "ask for confirmation"

(sorry, I have to translate this from my german browser here :)

and to see if the browser asks for permission if you go to the Project/Updates-site.

So you could fiddle out which settings it is, in particular, to set this to "enabled".

OR:

You just reset the complete settings for the InternetZone, this should work to,

but you may loose "special" settings if done (do any special settings exist at this point ? :)

Another source of this problem could be a software-firewall- or antivirus-product on your PC, blocking that scripts.

This is easy to check, just disable it for a moment.

good luck :)

I would not just "allow" them in generall, it is to dangerous, but first I would try to set them to "ask for confirmation"

(sorry, I have to translate this from my german browser here :)

I think JavaScript has become a little bit safer over the years, so it's not that evil thing as it used to be some years ago. I remember well when everyone suggested to turn it off, but nowadays, when I see all those AJAX stuff, you cannot really stay away any longer without sitting in front of many defunct web pages.

Using the latest browser version is always a good idea, of course.

OK, but this is no "win" to chrome.

Just reset the settings of the other browser (IE ?) to get it run.

Or just update it, if you have an older version (< v.11)

I do not recommend google-software, as it will definetly expose you :)

OK, but this is no "win" to chrome.

Just reset the settings of the other browser (IE ?) to get it run.

Or just update it, if you have an older version (< v.11)

I do not recommend google-software, as it will definetly expose you :)

I agree with Schmitzi. Google Chrome is very unsecured as it also likes to install quite a few different google update utility programs in the background.

Anytime you install a program you should immediately check what it has installed.

yeah, epidemic plague :( - hard to get rid off

And their newest catch on german market is to say: "log in into Google [=make an account] , to better control what we collect about you"

I can only say: Do NOT login into Google, while surfing & working, (better: NEVER).

When NOT logged in, then they only have an IP and a dry cookie to track you, nothing more.

If you log in into Google, THEN they have full controll, as recko you, regardless what you configure there later...