IGNORED

Help! Are these US Games prototype carts?

helmsm

Hi everyone! I need help from the experts here!

A little history behind these carts...

I bought a bag of 2600 carts back in the mid-90s at a Goodwill in San Jose, CA, and in the bag were these two carts. I didn't think too much of them, but tried them out and saw they were Eggomania and Name This Game. Then they sat for 20 years in my collection, not thinking too much about them.

In the last year, I've really started back in full collecting mode and thought about these two carts again. I thought, could they be prototypes? I looked up US Games, and they were in Santa Clara, CA (San Jose's neighbor for those not familiar with the SF Bay Area), so maybe they are prototypes that someone had and gave to Goodwill with a lot of other carts, not thinking anything about it. But, I'm not an expert, so here I am. Please help me, let me know if these are prototypes for the two games!

I'll include pictures next...

Edited by helmsm

Neat. So does it play differently? Did you have yours dumped?

The rom is definitely different than the released version (the other 2 were same as released).

There are some play differences but they are subtle. We did dump it.. made a post on the prototype sub when I found it but nobody seemed to take much interest in it at the time.

The rom is definitely different than the released version (the other 2 were same as released).

There are some play differences but they are subtle. We did dump it.. made a post on the prototype sub when I found it but nobody seemed to take much interest in it at the time.

If you can point me to that that post I'll be happy to review it.