I picked up an Odyssey and all 10 additional games. I'm starting to research the homebrews and see what is out there. If anyone has any information on any of these homebrews, I'd appreciate if anyone could link me to reviews, screenshots, auctions, etc. If you own any of these games and want to just say how fun it is, I'd appreciate knowing that as well. I'd also like to know if I'm wrong about the status on any of these or if there are more that I don't know about.

Released Homebrews:

Odball by Revrob

Mentis Cohorts by Revrob (I know there's been a dispute about people not getting this one. Did anyone actually get a copy?)

Red vs Blue by Revrob

Dodgeball by Atariland2600

Odyssey Evil by ManCaveArcade

Captain Bruce by Atariland2600

Tannhauser Gate by zhorton 

Fukushima by zhorton 

Super Cat and Mouse: Cheesy Castle by zhorton 

Hunting Adventure by ManCaveArcade

Soccer (reproduction) by zhorton

Team Volleyball by zhorton

Danceoff by zhorton

Peacekeeper Command-o by Revrob

Spacewar by Mikebloke

Odysim Exclusives:

Santa's Gift Hunt 

Spot Hunter 

Jack-O-Lantern Odyssey 

Midway's Haunted House 

Frogger 

Pac-Man: Eat & Run 

Space Invaders 

Unreleased Homebrews:

Yar's Revenge by Atariland2600 (Announced 2011)

Stomach's Revenge by Atariland2600 (Announced 2011)

six² by Atariland2600 (Announced 2019)

Trumpocalypse by zhorton (Announced 2019)

First Fantasy: Tales of Odyssey by Mikebloke (Announced 2019)

The Semi-Impenetrable Fortress of Doom by Atariland2600 (Announced 2019)

Zombie Outbreak by ManCaveArcade (Announced 2020)

Donkey Kong for Odysim (Announced 2020)

Gosub for Odysim (Announced 2020)

Squares of Tron for Odysim (Announced 2020)

Burgertime for Odysim (Announced 2020)

Carnival for Odysim (Announced 2020)

Asteroids for Odysim (Announced 2020)

Presumed Abandoned:

Lava Monster by TheMichaelLant (Announced in 2014. Confirmed Pending in 2015. TheMichaelLant could not be reached for comment in 2019.)

Hadeaus War (or War of Semmis) by djfurreh (Announced in 2015. Confirmed Pending in 2017. Currently trying to reach djfurreh for comment.)

Hide and Seek by djfurreh (Announced in 2016)

Dragonhunt by djfurreh (Announced in 2016)

I'm really interested in learning everything that there is to know about the Odyssey and I appreciate anyone giving me anything that can help.

• Like 1

I had a lot of fun creating Odyssey Evil and started working on the Hunting Adventure game soon after I completed Odyssey evil. I got about 75% of the prototype complete and then got really busy with work and couldn't find the "FREE TIME" to complete the project. I plan on attempting to finish the project this winter when work slows down. When the prototype is complete, I will start a thread and take reservations while I build the 25 limited edition sets and then take payment when they are ALL complete. Just for fun, I will tell you a little bit about this game:

The game utilizes the light gun and will have multiple overlays featuring different animals to hunt (deer, elk, etc.) It can be played with one player but more fun and designed for 2. There will be some interesting bonus rounds, cards and other game pieces with the games. And just like my last release of Odyssey Evil, this game features a full size box.

This is what I have completed so far:

I designed 6 overlays, each with a different animal to hunt and prototype overlays have been printed (after printing I noticed some changes/tweeks that need to be made)

I have a rough draft of the box design complete.

I have about 25% of the cards designed.

I have a rough draft instruction sheet.

I have a rough draft of one of the bonus rounds

More to come this winter.........

• Like 1

I have enough stuff for the Captain Bruce project for 15 copies, although more could be made if enough people demand a second run. It's just a matter of me getting the overlays done. That and a few other minor stuff needs to be done, like printing the instruction sheet.

• Like 1

I've edited my first post to show Hunting Adventure as confiremd pending. Atariland2600, I PMed you a while back about Captain Bruce, which is why I showed that that one was still confirmed as pending. I'm curious if you have 15 people already lined up for Captain Bruce or if you have an opening for one more. I'm definitely interested in it.

Does anyone know of any other homebrews than these? Does anyone have any experience with these homebrews? I'm curious for thoughts from players.

I had a lot of fun creating Odyssey Evil and started working on the Hunting Adventure game soon after I completed Odyssey evil. I got about 75% of the prototype complete and then got really busy with work and couldn't find the "FREE TIME" to complete the project. I plan on attempting to finish the project this winter when work slows down. When the prototype is complete, I will start a thread and take reservations while I build the 25 limited edition sets and then take payment when they are ALL complete. Just for fun, I will tell you a little bit about this game:

The game utilizes the light gun and will have multiple overlays featuring different animals to hunt (deer, elk, etc.) It can be played with one player but more fun and designed for 2. There will be some interesting bonus rounds, cards and other game pieces with the games. And just like my last release of Odyssey Evil, this game features a full size box.

This is what I have completed so far:

I designed 6 overlays, each with a different animal to hunt and prototype overlays have been printed (after printing I noticed some changes/tweeks that need to be made)

I have a rough draft of the box design complete.

I have about 25% of the cards designed.

I have a rough draft instruction sheet.

I have a rough draft of one of the bonus rounds

More to come this winter.........

I have enough stuff for the Captain Bruce project for 15 copies, although more could be made if enough people demand a second run. It's just a matter of me getting the overlays done. That and a few other minor stuff needs to be done, like printing the instruction sheet.

Consider me in for both of these :)

• 3 weeks later...

I've expanded the list to show that Lava Monster has been confirmed as still in production and to add two new announced Homebrews. Ok, well one is technically a reproduction, but the other is a homebrew. I'm really glad that I happened to pick up an Odyssey at this time when it seems to be going through a renaissance.

• 1 year later...

Figured I might as well update the list:

Released Homebrews:

Odball by Revrob

Mentis Cohorts by Revrob (I know there's been a dispute about people not getting this one. Did anyone actually get a copy?)

Red vs Blue by Revrob

Dodgeball by Atariland2600

Odyssey Evil by ManCaveArcade

Captain Bruce by Atariland2600

Unreleased Homebrews:

Hunting Adventure by ManCaveArcade (Announced in 2013 No news since 2015. Cancelled?)

Lava Monster by TheMichaelLant (Announced in 2014. No news since 2015. Cancelled?)

Hadeaus War by djfurreh (Announced in 2015. Confirmed Pending in April 2017 - Unknown release date)

Soccer by Uppy (Announced in 2015. Confirmed Pending in April 2017 - Unknown release date)

I think I'm probably going to release Six2 this summer. I got supplies for it, so it'd be dumb not to.

Is this another Magnavox Odyssey homebrew? If so can you give some details on it? Is there a thread for expressing interest in a copy?

Many people did get copies of mentis cohorts. I have 1. He also sold some on ebay a few years after the release.

He also did a reissue of oddball that came in a sega clamshell box with an insert and also included a phisical copy of red vs blue which originally was just a diy that he released free here at atariage.

I believe mancavearcade has closed up shop on all his projects, so I wouldn't expect him to make more. But he would have to say for sure to be certain.

@Chris your new homebrew sounds cool :)

Edited by stupus

• 2 years later...

This is a fantastic thread for folks interested in Odyssey homebrews!

@Dastari Creel, if you're willing to update your original post, I have a big announcement: the project I run is releasing a pack of three new games for the Odyssey that include two new accessory controllers and a new game card (#13!). These are elaborate productions that have been in development for about two years. You can read about them in this thread.

For the purposes of this thread, the names of the games are: Tannhauser Gate, Fukushima, and Super Cat and Mouse: Cheesy Castle.

If updating the list, you also might want to note that Captain Bruce was released, and the others were never completed, so can probably be safely removed from the list.

• 4 weeks later...

This is a fantastic thread for folks interested in Odyssey homebrews!

@Dastari Creel, if you're willing to update your original post, I have a big announcement: the project I run is releasing a pack of three new games for the Odyssey that include two new accessory controllers and a new game card (#13!). These are elaborate productions that have been in development for about two years. You can read about them in this thread.

For the purposes of this thread, the names of the games are: Tannhauser Gate, Fukushima, and Super Cat and Mouse: Cheesy Castle.

If updating the list, you also might want to note that Captain Bruce was released, and the others were never completed, so can probably be safely removed from the list.

@zhorton, always awesome to see another entrant into the Odyssey Homebrew world. I've updated the post as you stated. I've got a complete set of US Odyssey systems, and I have all of the games and the hunting rifle accessory for the original Odyssey, so I definitely want to get yours as well.

• Like 1

@zhorton, always awesome to see another entrant into the Odyssey Homebrew world. I've updated the post as you stated. I've got a complete set of US Odyssey systems, and I have all of the games and the hunting rifle accessory for the original Odyssey, so I definitely want to get yours as well.

Thanks for updating this important thread! Our three announced games have now been officially released (at least in a limited set of 10 copies). See this thread.

• 3 months later...

I think they are all out of print and only 10-20 copies made of most titles generally. And usually purchased by collectors who are not going to let go of them.

Unless chris read is still selling the ones he made maybe?

• 2 months later...
On 8/29/2019 at 10:39 AM, BuckeyeFan_4eva said:

Hey guys, i recently collected all the extra games for the odyssey (except soccer lol) and I’m interested in homebrews, can anyone help me out possibly let me know who I can contact to buy some copies? Much appreciated thank you!

We just announced our second set of new hardware and games for the Odyssey, the OdysseyNow Game Pack 2.  It actually includes a reproduction of Soccer!  We will make 15 copies, and it will go on sale in a couple of weeks.

• Like 1

Presenting the world's first one-player Odyssey homebrew! (there is also an option for a two player game if you want to be nostalgic.)

it's called six²

I'll be getting copies made next week and if there isn't a snowstorm (which actually happened in December once recently), I want to release it next month.

This has been in the "almost ready" stages for a few years now, but I want this stuff gone, so I need to do a few more things before I release it.

• Like 1

Hi Chris,  please reserve a copy for me of Six²! ?

And Zack, i asked to reserve me a copy of "OdysseyNow Game Pack 2" on Facebook, did you revered one ?

Thanks in advanced to both of you! Can't wait to add these new brews to my collection and play with them! ?

--- Sly DC ---

2 hours ago, atari2600land said:

Presenting the world's first one-player Odyssey homebrew! (there is also an option for a two player game if you want to be nostalgic.)

it's called six²

I'll be getting copies made next week and if there isn't a snowstorm (which actually happened in December once recently), I want to release it next month.

This has been in the "almost ready" stages for a few years now, but I want this stuff gone, so I need to do a few more things before I release it.

Please put me down for one. I do find it amusing that this thread is now the place to post about new homebrews rather than in their own thread. 

18 hours ago, atari2600land said:

it's called six²

That's great, Chris!  We'll definitely be interested in one.  I'm pretty sure you're a member of the OdysseyNow facebook group.  Feel free to post your announcement there when the game is ready, for more eyeballs.

Edited by zhorton

18 hours ago, slydc said:

And Zack, i asked to reserve me a copy of "OdysseyNow Game Pack 2" on Facebook, did you revered one ?

While we're not doing "official" reservations, for this and any future releases, I'll make sure that any members of the FB group who have expressed interest are able to receive one before opening up any remaining copies beyond that community (to these forums, etc.).  So you'll definitely get your copy! ?