IGNORED

Season 4 - The New HSC - Week 26 = Stay Frosty 2

S.BAZ

Maybe it would have been nice knowing about you (as the progammer) and Nathan (as the designer) going into the week's contest.

That way, it wouldn't have seemed like we were being ganged up on or ambushed.

My intent wasn't to "ambush" anyone. I just haven't had much time for the HSC lately, and was surprised when Stay Frosty 2 was picked, and really wanted to participate. As it was, I only had time to play two or three times (admittedly, I was hoping to grab some "beat the programmer" points ;) ).

Personally, I wouldn't mind playing against authors of their own homebrew games - I'd just consider it another challenge. There are always people who are going to be much better at games than I am, for whatever reasons. Despite the countless times I played SF2 during development, I've never been able to get all the way through it (except with save states), but McCallister did it shortly after he bought the game. The fact that he did so again this week is pretty cool. No pun intended. :)

Edited by Nathan Strum
  • Like 2

I just wish we had a 2nd week on this one. been working a lot the last few days & didn't get much of a chance to improve my last score.

it was beginning to get questionable whether I would anyway though. I had been failing to even survive to the point where my best game had ended.

GREAT GAME :thumbsup:

Do you mean video of the final boss screen or video of the entire game?

The topic of video has come up before, but I confess to being a ignorant of video capture to a computer and what not. I also don't have a youtube account...

I would mean video of the entire game. Video and eventual statistical table (the last one made on Microsoft Excel) reinforce the integrity of HSC.

Since February 2013, I'm required to submit video of the entire game when I post scores on Atari Age HSCs (regardless of platform and skill level), because I cheated at 7800 Desert Falcon (sit and shoot in excess), and I was suspected of cheating on other games. To record gameplay videos, I'm using aTube Catcher which is a free software. Youtube account is also FREE.

In the present, I'm forced to present video of the entire game, PLUS statistical tables for scores which are extremely difficult to reach.

You will find on 2600 NEW HSC Season 4, Week 3 - Joust Contest: http://atariage.com/forums/topic/234500-season-4-the-new-hsc-week-3-joust/

Edited by oyamafamily

45,221 S.BAZ (+24)

34,671 Tony The 2600 (+23)

27,985 MoomUnit (+22)

27,951 voodoo_chilly (+21)

27,565 KaeruYojimbo (+20)

25,943 atariron82 (+19)

24,264 StanJr (+18)

20,979 ReflectionAngle (+17)

16,210 24Fanatic365 (+16)

15,775 LS_Dracon (+15)

14,187 Arenafoot (+14)

12,969 Gorfy (+13)

12,865 Spacey Invader (+12)

12,168 keilbaca (+11)

12,030 LidLikesIntellivision (+10)

11,794 karokoenig (+9)

11,709 darthkur (+8 )

11,377 DT Kofoed (+7)

11,321 Crispy (+6)

11,290 LarcenTyler (+5)

11,180 atariron82 (+4)

8,160 Retrogamer81081 (+3)

6,626 roadrunner (+2)

6,229 jblenkle (+1)

You have atariron82 listed twice.

DT Kofoed scored 12,377 and should be higher in the rankings.

Edited by MoomUnit
  • Like 2

• 8 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 2/21/2024 at 11:55 AM, oxygen6 said:

Has the developer released a free rom of their awesome game yet?

You can find links to the ROMs for each of my games in my signature at the bottom of this reply. If you have signatures turned off you can also find the links towards the bottom of the About Me page in my profile.

And @Thomas Jentzsch is correct, RC8 is the final version - the link in my About Me page actually brings you to this topic.