Just when you thought it was safe to go back to the water...
I am proud to announce the all-new, hot off the presses, direct from farm to you, free-roaming, and never fattening...
IntyBASIC Software Development Kit
(*Soon for the Mac too!)
Yes, that's right! A brand new complete SDK to make programming for the Intellivision even easier and better than before!
The IntyBASIC SDK sports the following features:
- An easy-as-pie Installer Wizard that will set everything up in your workstation
- The latest, bleeding-edge version of IntyBASIC 1.2
- Included assembler and emulator, configured to work with the SDK easily
- Easy to use tools for streamlined workflows to build, run, and debug your programs with few keystrokes
- Tools guide and other documentation for technical assistance
- Tutorials on using some of the powerful features
- Newbie & power-user friendly
- Lots of sample programs including some completed games!
- Full community support!
IntyBASIC SDK is not a fully integrated development system in the traditional way. It is still a command-line development environment. However, we've taken great pains to make sure it is as easy and inviting as possible so that anybody can use it with little to no experience.
We are planning for the future
The IntyBASIC Software Development Kit is a work in progress. It will continue to grow and mature as the community uses it, and new features and additions are coming very soon to make it ever easier!
Among the new stuff just around the corner are:
- More tutorials
- More sample programs and contributions from the community
- Integrated code editor with syntax highlighting
- A version for Mac OS X
- And more!
Go get it... NOW!
The IntyBASIC SDK is ready and it is here! Go grab a copy and install it in your Windows PC today. Start programming for the Intellivision the easy way. Newer versions will be appended at the end of this post as they become available.
Need help? Just Ask!
The IntyBASIC SDK is fully supported by a community of volunteers here in AtariAge. Just post your questions in the Intellivision Programming forum and someone will surely provide some assistance. Everyone is welcome to use the SDK, newcomers and experienced programmers alike! So join us and start making games for our favourite platform!
The IntyBASIC SDK is the work of a few individuals who contributed many long hours of their own personal time to bring you the easiest development environment for Intellivision programming. Their names are below, so make sure to buy them a beer if you happen to come across any of them.
Version 1.1.1 - Jan/08/2017
- Added infinite loop to INTYNEW template to avoid "falling through" at the end.
- Users can now select destination folder during installation.
- INTYDBUG did not enable the debugger correctly.
- Updated all tools to support usage help invocation.
- Updated INTYNEW to accept "Author" argument and generate default Mattel-style title screen.
- Fixed argument extraction bugs in all tools.
- Added new program "classic" to demonstrate the default classic title screen, in "Examples" folder.
- Added new option to INTYNEW to suppress default title screen.
- Updated to the latest version of the IntyBASIC distribution (v1.2.8 ).
- Updated to the latest version of the SDK-1600 binary tools.
- Included the latest "constants.bas" library file (v1.24F).
- Added support for Windows Server 2008 and 2012.
- ... and more!
- IntyBASIC SDK Installer-1.0.1.exe.zip 8.24MB 537 downloads <- IntyBASIC SDK v1.0.1 Installer for Windows
- IntyBASIC SDK Installer-1.1.1.exe.zip 6.54MB 187 downloads <- IntyBASIC SDK v1.1.1 Installer for Windows
Edited by DZ-Jay, Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:05 AM.