Photo

Atari 2600 RGB mod

259 replies to this topic

#251 Hank Rearden OFFLINE  

Hank Rearden

Chopper Commander

• 142 posts

Posted Thu Mar 2, 2017 8:47 AM

Just curious as to the cost of an install and where you are located?

#252 Jeremy Popp OFFLINE  

Jeremy Popp

Moonsweeper

• 305 posts

Posted Mon Mar 6, 2017 1:13 PM

Since I just ordered the kit, I can confirm he is located in Ohio.  Not sure what the cost of installation is though.

Just to comment on the RBG board, it works great (after a few moments of user error) and the install was much easier than NESRGB.  I only wish Nintendo socketed all their chips, repair and modding would be so much easier.  So I just finished my 6 switch and part of me wants to mod my vader "just because it's there".  For reference, I'm using a framemeister to upscale, and as other users have mentioned, the original Warlords cartridge will not work for me :(

#253 Hank Rearden OFFLINE  

Hank Rearden

Chopper Commander

• 142 posts

Posted Mon Mar 6, 2017 5:00 PM

What's the best kit?

#254 Yurkie OFFLINE  

Yurkie

Q*bert Champion

• Topic Starter
  • 3,981 posts
  • Offering mods for ColecoVision and NESRGB

Posted Thu Mar 9, 2017 11:24 PM

I'm in Toledo, OH

I'm Tim's US Distributor for the 2600 RGB and NESRGB.

Send me PM if your interested in having the mod done.

#255 CRM-114 OFFLINE  

CRM-114

Combat Commando

• 2 posts

Posted Tue May 30, 2017 10:22 PM

Have you hooked up any thing else and verified that RGB with Exe, snyc. is working? Are you using the same cables and ports as your NES?
Have you hooked up a genesis or an snes? Both use same RGBs wiring.
What cabling are you using to connect to the PVM?
Tims board Has 6 (the 5volts are needed for scart hookups - including some switchers) connections but 5 required for your set up -  R G B CS#(sync sig.) and Ground.
http://etim.net.au/2...0rgb_wiring.pdf
As with ALL wiring - intermittent wiring problems especially - CHECK YOU GROUNDS! and then check them again - cars, housing, electronics & ect. Most of the worst head scratchers Ive had have been ground problems.

After stepping away from this for a while, I took another look through everything and found my error, I had the 8pin mini din board soldered on in reverse causing the pins to be mismatched. Switched it over to the correct orientation soldered every thing back up and now everything works perfectly. Great kit and crystal clear RGB for the 2600! Thanks for the assistance it troubleshooting what ended up being a silly mistake on my part.

#256 H454 OFFLINE  

H454

Chopper Commander

• 104 posts

Posted Tue May 30, 2017 11:36 PM

After stepping away from this for a while, I took another look through everything and found my error, I had the 8pin mini din board soldered on in reverse causing the pins to be mismatched. Switched it over to the correct orientation soldered every thing back up and now everything works perfectly. Great kit and crystal clear RGB for the 2600! Thanks for the assistance it troubleshooting what ended up being a silly mistake on my part.

Good to hear. I've gotten in a rush and done it myself. ;)
The component kit for the 2600rgb and nesrgb looks pretty good too.
Any one getting the rgb kit should consider spending the the extra $20(?). It's really nice to be able to hook it up to 240p compatible tvs. Since they are easier to get than a rgb monitor.

Edited by H454, Tue May 30, 2017 11:38 PM.

#257 kirby76 ONLINE  

kirby76

Space Invader

• 47 posts

Posted Tue Jun 6, 2017 9:09 PM

Pm sent

#258 tecci06 OFFLINE  

tecci06

Combat Commando

• 7 posts

Posted Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:15 AM

@Tim: Any news regarding a RGB upgrade kit for the ATARI 7800?  Can't wait to get this great RGB mod on this console. :)

Thanks.

#259 buttheadrulesagain OFFLINE  

buttheadrulesagain

Combat Commando

• 6 posts

Posted Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:18 PM

Some close-ups from my Sony PVM 20M2MDU

P1110058_zpspbnuezml.jpg

P1110063_zpsel19z0jq.jpg

P1110057_zpspvqrnbtu.jpg

P1110054_zpsyisukntz.jpg

P1110050_zpsq94nnpvv.jpg

Edited by buttheadrulesagain, Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:18 PM.

#260 ApolloBoy OFFLINE  

ApolloBoy

Quadrunner

• 5,662 posts

Posted Yesterday, 9:39 PM

Has anyone else tackled a 2600 Jr. install? I just wrapped up one on mine this morning and it was probably one of the trickiest RGB board installs I've ever done. Getting the flex adapter soldered on was actually pretty easy, the tricky bit was getting the connectors on since I didn't want them on the sides. Just adding a 3.5 mm audio jack required a bit of guesswork and luck.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users