• 1,115 posts

Posted Sun Dec 24, 2017 5:13 AM

select+reset  : MIO

#452 flashjazzcat ONLINE  

flashjazzcat

Quadrunner

• 13,247 posts

Posted Sun Dec 24, 2017 7:40 AM

Ahem... also Start+Reset to enter the U1MB BIOS menu if the user configures the alt BIOS that way. ;) And Select+Reset (again, optionally) to perform an OS reboot (an option also present in some patched operating systems, IIRC).

You can be pretty sure Option+Reset will be used by something as well, and/or any combination of all three console keys (Start+Select+Reset, for instance) by something somewhere.

Edited by flashjazzcat, Sun Dec 24, 2017 7:42 AM.

#453 mytek ONLINE  

mytek

River Patroller

• Topic Starter
  • 2,638 posts

Posted Sun Dec 24, 2017 10:20 AM

Thanks guys :)

So we'll assume any possible combination of the Console keys and Reset.

#454 _The Doctor__ OFFLINE  

_The Doctor__

River Patroller

• 3,958 posts

Posted Sun Dec 24, 2017 11:04 AM

and shift+key control+key etc.  combination can be used with a console or console keys... help with select start option, shift+ key + console(s).. don't forget MyBIOS/MyIDE key combos, or Sparta's assignable reset utility for non reset programs... plenty of 3 key or more salutes today...

Edited by _The Doctor__, Sun Dec 24, 2017 11:06 AM.

#455 mytek ONLINE  

mytek

River Patroller

• Topic Starter
  • 2,638 posts

Posted Sun Dec 24, 2017 11:40 AM

I'm really looking for 2 key combos that include Reset. All of the other usual SHIFT and/or CTRL combos, or Console and an alphanumeric key should work just fine as it is now sent by TK. So that probably restricts us to non-alphanumeric keys+Reset, since pressing an alpha would start printing that on screen prior to pressing Reset, not the most desirable action.

So that seems to limit us to: SHIFT, CONSOLE, and INVERSE (maybe INVERSE in combo with SHIFT and/or CTRL).

I don't believe CTRL can be detected in combination with Reset all by itself since it needs to modify a standard key to be seen, so that should rule it out.

Am I missing anything  :?

#456 flashjazzcat ONLINE  

flashjazzcat

Quadrunner

• 13,247 posts

Posted Sun Dec 24, 2017 3:36 PM

Add HELP to the list, but I think it's implicitly included anyway (also SHIFT+HELP, CTRL+HELP, and SHIFT+CTRL+HELP) since it's used by U1MB. :)

And no: CTRL only exists as a modifier key and does not register on its own.

#457 Bilejoni OFFLINE  

Bilejoni

Space Invader

• 13 posts

Posted Sun Feb 4, 2018 12:09 PM

Is it possible to buy this ready-made? I don't like soldering...

#458 kheller2 OFFLINE  

kheller2

Stargunner

• 1,115 posts

Posted Sun Feb 4, 2018 3:46 PM

Is it possible to buy this ready-made? I don't like soldering...

https://www.bitsofth...undle-pre-order

#459 mytek ONLINE  

mytek

River Patroller

• Topic Starter
  • 2,638 posts

Posted Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:02 PM

New TK-II Boards Coming

Soon there will be brand new board versions of the TK-II for both standard A8 systems as well as the XE Game System and/or 7800 XM. The existing designs will be moved into an archive section, and these new ones will be the current offering. Expect to see these new designs released and published on my website later this month, or early May of 2018. I still need to purchase some sample boards to test before commiting.

So here's the new TK-II family.

New Smaller XE Game Systems External Plug-In Board (also compatible with 7800 XM).

TK-II-GS_top.png

TK-II-GS_bot.png

Uses Dsub15 female solder cup connector edge connected to board (needs metal shroud removed and plastic halves glued together).

Dsub15F.jpg

Smaller Remake of original Pokey Piggyback Version now with integral ICSP programming connection.

TK-II-PB_top.png
TK-II-PB_bot.png

Reverse Pokey Piggyback Version (better fit in XL/XE allowing more clearance under keyboard).

TK-II-PB-R_top.png
TK-II-PB-R_bot.png

PS/2 Ribbon Cable Connected Interface Board for Pokey Piggyback Boards (same as previous with slight revision on silkscreen).

TK-II_Intfc_top.png
TK-II_Intfc_bot.png

The Pokey Piggyback boards require a thinner material due to the use of 'standard' machine pin sockets top and bottom, with the stacked bottom socket providing clearance for the PIC16F1847 chip mounted on the backside (although for very low profile requirements, substituting a machine socket on the A8 motherboard with the center cross bars removed instead will allow a very low ceiling).

All boards now automatically support up to two simultaneous PS/2 keyboards either through the extra connector on the TK Interface board, or via a dual PS/2 keyboard cable. No mods required.

Note: The board renders on this post are provided through an on-line gerber viewer, and sometimes ground planes are either not shown, or produced inaccurately (missing thermal reliefs). The final product produced from the gerbers will be correct in all details.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users