IGNORED

AtariAge Booth at Classic Game Fest!

Albert

nice pics, Atari age always had a nice set up at the shows I remember his set up from CGE.

wheres zippy :)

Zippy was finished a while ago, and had playable demos on display in 2013. I contacted Sprybug about it last year and he said it was complete and artwork and code had been submitted. I haven't heard from him in a while though.

I'm not sure why Albert is still sitting on it. He's got PCBs which support 64kb. Stella's Stocking uses the same mapper.

Edited by stardust4ever

Zippy was finished a while ago, and had playable demos on display in 2013. I contacted Sprybug about it last year and he said it was complete and artwork and code had been submitted. I haven't heard from him in a while though.

I'm not sure why Albert is still sitting on it. He's got PCBs which support 64kb. Stella's Stocking uses the same mapper.

my guess he wants to keep under wraps at the show, because if people take videos or pics of we may see the same thing that happened to princess rescue. I didn't show zippy at vgs until the last hour of the show and un announced for the same reason. (I have zippy on harmony)

Edit: thanks pacmanplus for the info was just wondering

Edited by Dan Iacovelli

Had a blast today, but forgot to ask... Is any/all of this available for sale at the show? I'll definitely be there tomorrow for Ernest's Q/A and would love to pick up a few homebrew titles.

Edited by sfish

Had a great time today. The new games are really cool. Albert said he won't be selling any games at this event but the games will be available soon at the AA Store. The Space Rocks tournaments was cool to see (I didn't even try!) and the top scores were impressive. Congrats to the guys who won!

I had a chance to speak with Howard Scott Warshaw also and got a pic with him. :)

• Like 3

What was the top score in Space Rocks? My best game at home was 3600 or so.

I'm curious too. I managed over 13,000 on the two minute timer (ran out of time) and over 15,000 on the five minute (ran out of ships!). I need to try the five minute timer again tomorrow now that I know my way around the game.

• Like 1

That AtariAge sign is fantastic. First I've seen of it. Great job!!!

edit: I also noticed ONLY *quality* CRT displays, such as Commodore 1702s and Sony Trinitrons. Even more awesome! Talk about attention to detail! I hope I am able to attend one of these shindigs one day. What an incredible display! Where did you get the perfect-length curtains (made them, I guess you can sew) and how did you attach them to the tables, so perfectly? Bravo!!

• Like 1

Hey Guys:

Here are some pictures of the setup just before the opening:

Freaked me out because Byte Knight and my DK Arcade 2600 in picture 2 is glitched!

Thank goodness it is running in picture 7.

P.S. NOBODY is wondering what the hell is Lady Bug Arcade!? Has it been improved? Or is it just in a white Coleco shell and new box?

I'm curious too. I managed over 13,000 on the two minute timer (ran out of time) and over 15,000 on the five minute (ran out of ships!). I need to try the five minute timer again tomorrow now that I know my way around the game.

Playing at home I've managed to get 36,530. I've been in a friendly competition with RevEng this weekend on getting a high score, and so far he's got me beat at 55,620. We're not using the timer so we may have both gone over the 5 minute mark, but if I did it wasn't by much. This is a hard game! :)

post-2143-0-57110200-1437892547_thumb.png

• Like 2