synthesizer midi

89 replies to this topic

#26 Plastik OFFLINE  

Plastik

Chopper Commander

• 142 posts
  • The future is 8-bit

Posted Sat Jul 25, 2015 2:48 PM

Thanks Gazoo I've been looking everywhere for the midi master software! Does anyone have some schematics for a sidecart rs-232 for those without a PEB? 

#27 Dexter OFFLINE  

Dexter

Moonsweeper

• Topic Starter
  • 271 posts
  • Location:Landgraaf, Netherlands / Übach-Palenberg, Deutschland

Posted Sat Jul 25, 2015 3:08 PM

Thanks Gazoo, I'll store them for later use, when I've actually got a working cable.

First I'm trying to find some more info. It's REALLY odd, that there is virtually nothing on the internet about it.

However, thanks to you, we are a little step closer.

Perhaps we could put it in a wiki.

#28 Plastik OFFLINE  

Plastik

Chopper Commander

• 142 posts
  • The future is 8-bit

Posted Sat Jul 25, 2015 3:33 PM

Dexter trust me I searched about a month ago and came up with nothing but just some articles talking about it. I've gotten more information in just these few post on here than all of the internet.

#29 Gazoo OFFLINE  

Gazoo

Stargunner

• 1,507 posts

Posted Sat Jul 25, 2015 5:21 PM

Still waiting to hear if there's any copyright claims on the original disks. Anyone?

Gazoo

#30 Ksarul OFFLINE  

Ksarul

River Patroller

• 4,083 posts

Posted Sat Jul 25, 2015 10:06 PM

Gazoo, Mike Maksimik does come on here once in a while--so you could check with him directly on the rights to the software and whether or not he'll let it into free distribution. . .

#31 Gazoo OFFLINE  

Gazoo

Stargunner

• 1,507 posts

Posted Sat Jul 25, 2015 11:49 PM

Gazoo, Mike Maksimik does come on here once in a while--so you could check with him directly on the rights to the software and whether or not he'll let it into free distribution. . .

Really? I thought he was completely out of the TI loop and was a full time scuba diver.

#32 Gazoo OFFLINE  

Gazoo

Stargunner

• 1,507 posts

Posted Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:43 AM

I found Mike and sent a message to him regarding this. I included in it an experience we shared while having dinner at a steakhouse on a night before a Lima Faire, I have a feeling he'll smile when he reads the message.  ;)

We'll see what happens...

Gazoo

#33 Dexter OFFLINE  

Dexter

Moonsweeper

• Topic Starter
  • 271 posts

Posted Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:44 AM

Dexter trust me I searched about a month ago and came up with nothing but just some articles talking about it. I've gotten more information in just these few post on here than all of the internet.

Sad, but true! :(

#34 Gazoo OFFLINE  

Gazoo

Stargunner

• 1,507 posts

Posted Thu Jul 30, 2015 8:41 AM

Attached File  MIDIMASTER.dsk   180KB   16 downloads

Attached File  MIDIFILES.dsk   180KB   16 downloads

Mike Maksimik has given me permission to distribute the Midi Master software. Here are the 2 disks that were originally distributed by Cecure Electronics. Mike has requested that the software not be altered in a way that would remove his name from it. Please honor his request.

Gazoo

#35 Ksarul OFFLINE  

Ksarul

River Patroller

• 4,083 posts

Posted Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:48 AM

Excellent news, Gazoo! Many thanks for doing the legwork on this one.  :)

#36 Dexter OFFLINE  

Dexter

Moonsweeper

• Topic Starter
  • 271 posts

Posted Sat Aug 1, 2015 1:26 PM

Thank you Gazoo, after being away for medical maintenance, I noticed you posted the midi software. :)

#37 schmitzi OFFLINE  

schmitzi

River Patroller

• 3,766 posts
  • ToXiC

Posted Sat Aug 1, 2015 4:23 PM

♫♪ ...thank you for the music... ♫♪♫

:)

#38 Gazoo OFFLINE  

Gazoo

Stargunner

• 1,507 posts

Posted Sat Aug 8, 2015 9:48 AM

Has anyone used this software since I posted it?

Gazoo

#39 Ksarul OFFLINE  

Ksarul

River Patroller

• 4,083 posts

Posted Sat Aug 8, 2015 10:31 AM

I haven't moved it over to my TI yet, Gazoo. . .but it is on my list of important things to test.

#40 Dexter OFFLINE  

Dexter

Moonsweeper

• Topic Starter
  • 271 posts

Posted Sun Aug 9, 2015 5:50 AM

Has anyone used this software since I posted it?

Gazoo

No, I didn't, I don't feel confident enough to try and make the cable and try it on the nanoPEB. 

#41 sparkdrummer OFFLINE  

sparkdrummer

Dragonstomper

• 688 posts
  • Status? I don't need no stinkin' status!

Posted Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:09 AM

I just found my Roland PMA-5. It's a handheld midi device - really cool. I am wondering if I could hook this thing up to my nanoPEB system? would the above wiring that Gazoo posted work?

#42 ti99iuc OFFLINE  

ti99iuc

Stargunner

• 1,157 posts

Posted Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:45 AM

I just found my Roland PMA-5. It's a handheld midi device - really cool. I am wondering if I could hook this thing up to my nanoPEB system? would the above wiring that Gazoo posted work?

I have it too ! interested to an answer also :)

Attached File  16700476_1909699045982983_2851096822033149248_o.jpg   143.42KB   4 downloads

#43 arcadeshopper ONLINE  

arcadeshopper

River Patroller

• 2,419 posts

Posted Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:45 AM

at the very least 2 and 3 are reversed on the nanopeb..   pinout should be the same as a peecee

also any software using the port needs to use the DSR any custom comm routines will not work on a nano, calls from basic and teii work fine

Greg

#44 InsaneMultitasker OFFLINE  

InsaneMultitasker

Stargunner

• 1,670 posts

Posted Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:41 AM

also any software using the port needs to use the DSR any custom comm routines will not work on a nano, calls from basic and teii work fine

Greg

for the V1 nano, I would amend this to say that any software using the port needs either to use the DSR or to be updated (fixed) to turn on the port as expected by the nano.   I do have the source to Mike's version of Midi Master and have chatted with Swim about making changes, which should be fairly simple.

#45 arcadeshopper ONLINE  

arcadeshopper

River Patroller

• 2,419 posts

Posted Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:53 AM

for the V1 nano, I would amend this to say that any software using the port needs either to use the DSR or to be updated (fixed) to turn on the port as expected by the nano.   I do have the source to Mike's version of Midi Master and have chatted with Swim about making changes, which should be fairly simple.

You have my full support. Also I could make cables and sell them if there's interest.

Greg

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

#46 --- Ω --- OFFLINE  

--- Ω ---

Kwisatz Haderach

• 10,276 posts
  • TI-99/4A Fanatic

Posted Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:31 PM

Speaking of music... one of my dreams for YEARS has been to get this MOD file converted to the TI-99/4A.  I know it can be done, because I used to have it on my old TI decades ago.  When I finally got back into the TI, I was shocked not to find it readily available.

Attached Files

#47 sparkdrummer OFFLINE  

sparkdrummer

Dragonstomper

• 688 posts

Posted Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:56 PM

So if I swap the wires as arcadeshopper stated I'd still be dead in the water, huh? That's too bad - the pma5 is a fine midi sound module and I like how compact it is.

#48 InsaneMultitasker OFFLINE  

InsaneMultitasker

Stargunner

• 1,670 posts

Posted Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:59 PM

So if I swap the wires as arcadeshopper stated I'd still be dead in the water, huh? That's too bad - the pma5 is a fine midi sound module and I like how compact it is.

Yes, though if you have things in place and want to test, I'll update the Midi Master 2.3 disk (as posted in this thread) and you can give it a try.  I ordered a pair of 5-pin DIN MIDI cables for my Yamaha keyboard a week ago, they haven't arrived yet.

#49 sparkdrummer OFFLINE  

sparkdrummer

Dragonstomper

• 688 posts

Posted Tue Feb 28, 2017 7:19 PM

I will cobble together a cable tomorrow and be ready to give it a try. Thanks!

#50 InsaneMultitasker OFFLINE  

InsaneMultitasker

Stargunner

• 1,670 posts

Posted Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:55 PM

I will cobble together a cable tomorrow and be ready to give it a try. Thanks!

The files MAING and MASEXB were modified to explicitly turn the serial port on and off. This should make the programs compatible with the nano serial port.  I cannot test anything until the rest of my hardware arrives.

If Bruce's later release also works with a non-SAMS system, we can probably modify it to work with the nano as well. 

EDIT: for anyone trying to use the 'original' disk attached elsewhere in this thread, the disk volume name should be changed to MIDI, otherwise you'll get a fatal error during the load process.

Attached Files

Edited by InsaneMultitasker, Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:17 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: synthesizer, midi

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users