IGNORED

I bought from ebay...

themastero

I bought this item from ebay, not at this price, but one that ccame on auction, from this guy, as you guys can read, I tought was an original thing.

Just received today, 4 shit burned cdr's (even a shit quality) with 4 pages printed in inkjet (suposely should be the instructions)

Is this legal to sell those as original ?

In his auction, in any moment, he stated was a copy or anything like that !

What to do ?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Worship-Woodgrain-Atari-Starpath-Supercharger-Video-Game-System-Console-2600-/291428349308?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43da7bb57c

post-37751-0-92433300-1437437063_thumb.jpg

post-37751-0-58735800-1437437067_thumb.jpg

post-37751-0-18890500-1437437071_thumb.jpg

post-37751-0-06627300-1437437074_thumb.jpg

Go after him with everything you got. This guy is the most pathetic, dishonest leach that eBay has ever spawned. Report him for selling fake merchandise as a first step. Negative feedback for sure. Work with paypal to get your money back. Do whatever you can to show what kind of seller he is so others won't make the same mistake!

• Like 3

I'm confused. You thought you were buying an original disk of 400 pirated ROM's? Was the original pirate ROM collection mass produced on pressed CD's, no CD-R's?

Edit: I see now. You think what was shipped to you is a copy of the original pirate collection and not from the original collection from 1999. The pictures you provided look very much like the pictures in the auction, so it appears he shipped what was pictured. You are going to have to argue that what you received is not what was produced in the 1st collection back in 1999 and not as described. Hopefully Ebay will side with you on this. And hopefully you didn't pay anywhere near $200 for this.

• Like 1

As much as happiest leaves many a bad taste in my mouth with the way he chooses to go about doing his business with videogame sales....

I must say on this one it looks to me that you the buyer seem to be the one mostly at fault for buying this, especially if you paid more than $15-$20 for it.

Worship the woodgrain is a real home brewed release from 1999, I think originally released at nwcge.

It's a collection of Roms to use with a cd player thru a supercharger on your 2600.

It's extremely dated now and I would assume since it was made 15+ years ago the disc and print quality are going to be quite low especially by today's standards.

You really should be careful buying something when you don't know what it is....this would only have any value as maybe a collectible of the early years of rom compilations???? And that collectibility would be very low in my opinion. I can't see he really misrepresented it....it does look like a real original release of it. And happiest has been buying all kinds of items in bulk for many years.

I don't have alot of sympathy for anybody that buys any roms off ebay :P

• Like 1

What he could do is claim ignorance. Tell Ebay he didn't know it was pirate game ROM's. He might get his money back and get the listing pulled at the same time. They might not buy it, but would still be good to get the listing pulled.

I would definitely report and claim ignorance. I have to say though that I saw this thread earlier and thought "what were you expecting?" And why would you agree to pay $200 for something like this? Did you also buy a $100 Super Charger from him?

• 2 weeks later...

As I said, I didn't paid $200 or even a $100, what make me angry is he selling something he claimed was something original, in his listing, if I want just a copy, I would go to any XXXbay.xxx and download for free, but I was at least hopping was something for the real, them After I received the item, I saw was a shit bad copy he probably is doing a lot and selling as the "original thing from the 90's"

After I opened a case on ebay, he sent me a msg, saying he "had to change the description" in his listing due some clueless buyers !

Like I said happiest loves to gouge people.

But why do you think what you got was not one of the original copies from 99?

I mean what kind of quality do you think they were when 1 guy made 50 copies as a homemade project he sold at cge?

There is no way he had 50 cds professionally printed up for a run that size. And in 99 not many people had cd burners or Hi res glossy printers at home....

I don't really understand what it was that you were after in the first place??

If it was just roms you can get much better sets free everywhere.

If it was the audio files for the supercharger you got them.

If it was the old compilation from 99 you got it, it just seems you never knew what it was to begin with?

• Like 3