IGNORED

WTS / WTT partially working 3DO console

sirlynxalot

I have a partially working 3do console for sale. Basically, the system reads commercial pressed discs pretty regularly (but not every time), but will not read burned CDr discs at all. Sometimes it will take longer than normal for the commercial game to actually start (e.g.: put the CD in the console and it takes 30 seconds instead of 10 seconds to boot up). Once the game manages to initially load, the game tend to play fine. I've played Road Rash, Need for Speed and Crash n Burn for a few hours without any skipping FMV or skipping music or adverse effects during gameplay.

The system is otherwise pretty reliable in that it always boots up, the video and sound work fine and the controller always works. This sale is for the console only with no controller or games. The cd-tray front piece of plastic is missing on this console (I took it to put on a fully functional 3do which lacked one). The console case is relatively clean and this is the glossy plastic model. It could be a nice fixer-upper if you're interested in taking the system apart. I haven't bothered to try cleaning the lense yet.

I would like to ask for $45 plus the cost of shipping (I'm based in the USA). This system could fit into a medium flat rate box (about $12) but there is not a lot of room for added padding to protect the system. For a larger box, the cost of shipping is probably closer to $20.

I'm also interested in some items for a potential trade:

-Sega genesis model 2 with 32X attachment
-Blackthorne for 32X
-Atari 7800 or 2600 jr console with AV mod

Please let me know if you have any questions. Thanks for looking.

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

$_57.JPG

Edited by sirlynxalot

If this doesn't sell in a week or two, maybe I'll open up and try to clean the laser and/or adjust the pot with a multimeter to get better compatibility. Was kinda avoiding opening it up, I know from past experience that there are A LOT of pieces and ribbon cables you need to take apart in order to do anything with the cd drive's parts.

Edited by sirlynxalot

If this doesn't sell in a week or two, maybe I'll open up and try to clean the laser and/or adjust the pot with a multimeter to get better compatibility. Was kinda avoiding opening it up, I know from past experience that there are A LOT of pieces and ribbon cables you need to take apart in order to do anything with the cd drive's parts.

If you end up doing this, please let me know how it works for you. I've yet to crack my unit open (from what I can tell it might be a time consuming process) but I plan to sometime soon.