CoolCV emulator for Mac OS X, Linux, Windows and Raspberry

Colecovision Emulator Mac Windows

432 replies to this topic

#426 mckafka99 ONLINE  

mckafka99

Dragonstomper

• 961 posts

Posted Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:16 PM

Anybody running CoolCV on a PI ZeroW? I am running it but I seem to have the 'sound stuttering'/slow down issues mentioned earlier. I have updated the Pi setup script and updated the binary as suggested on the RetroPie forums but no changes to the issues.  I am just wondering if the PiZero just cant handle CoolCv, although it does handle a lot of other systems quite well. RetroPie version is the latest.

#427 intvdave OFFLINE  

intvdave

Dragonstomper

• 694 posts

Posted Sat Apr 29, 2017 4:48 PM

Anybody running CoolCV on a PI ZeroW? I am running it but I seem to have the 'sound stuttering'/slow down issues mentioned earlier. I have updated the Pi setup script and updated the binary as suggested on the RetroPie forums but no changes to the issues.  I am just wondering if the PiZero just cant handle CoolCv, although it does handle a lot of other systems quite well. RetroPie version is the latest.

I heard the PI 1 does not handle CoolCV. Is the Zero similar in performance to the PI 1? If so, you may want to use AdamEM or AdvMESS.

#428 mckafka99 ONLINE  

mckafka99

Dragonstomper

• 961 posts

Posted Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:16 AM

I heard the PI 1 does not handle CoolCV. Is the Zero similar in performance to the PI 1? If so, you may want to use AdamEM or AdvMESS.

It's been a while since I've had my PI1 out so I dont recall if I had Coleco running on it via CoolCV.  As I tend to run only older systems (<=SNES), the PiZeroW seems to handle most everything decently. Perhaps I'll try AdvMess as I am using that for Bally Astrocade (and will try Fairchild when I get the chance.)

#429 RetroGamer78 OFFLINE  

RetroGamer78

Combat Commando

• 1 posts

Posted Mon May 8, 2017 4:59 PM

Hopefully someone can help, i need help setting up controls on my barcade, i can get everything working except up and down. using a sanwa joystick with zero delay usb encoder with a 5 pin wire connector. can anyone help getting up and down to work?

#430 PlFwq OFFLINE  

PlFwq

Combat Commando

• 4 posts

Posted Fri May 12, 2017 12:01 PM

I am currently running and playing games on CoolCV using a Raspberry Pi version 1

The only thing I don't know how to do is how to set multiple controller keys to exit or save.  For instance pressing START and SELECT to save.  I can only map one key to do a function, not map two keys to be pressed simultaneously to preform a function.

Edited by PlFwq, Fri May 12, 2017 12:30 PM.

#431 PlFwq OFFLINE  

PlFwq

Combat Commando

• 4 posts

Posted Fri May 12, 2017 12:30 PM

In RetroPie

Can I save more than one game in /var/tmp

For example if I'm playing ZAXXON and press F1 it will save the game.

But then when I go play another different game, say TARZAN, and then press F1 to save TARZAN, then the save will over-write my ZAXXON save.

I have only one save slot.

Can I do anything about that??

#432 PlFwq OFFLINE  

PlFwq

Combat Commando

• 4 posts

Posted Fri May 12, 2017 5:19 PM

In RetroPie

Can I save more than one game in /var/tmp

For example if I'm playing ZAXXON and press F1 it will save the game.

But then when I go play another different game, say TARZAN, and then press F1 to save TARZAN, then the save will over-write my ZAXXON save.

I have only one save slot.

Can I do anything about that??

I found an answer on another site, to the question I asked above, so I'll just share the answer here: NO, you can't save more than one slot.

From what someone else told me on reddit

"It's not a libretro (RetroArch) emulator so it doesn't support multiple save files. It's really only saving a temporary "restore point" as such."

#433 intvdave OFFLINE  

intvdave

Dragonstomper

• 694 posts

Posted Fri May 12, 2017 6:16 PM

I found an answer on another site, to the question I asked above, so I'll just share the answer here: NO, you can't save more than one slot.

From what someone else told me on reddit

"It's not a libretro (RetroArch) emulator so it doesn't support multiple save files. It's really only saving a temporary "restore point" as such."

How about writing a shell script that will save the save game as the name of the game? When the script starts, it would rename the save state as the default name.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Colecovision, Emulator, Mac, Windows

1 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users