CoolCV emulator for Mac OS X, Linux, Windows and Raspberry

Colecovision Emulator Mac Windows

437 replies to this topic

#426 mckafka99 OFFLINE  

mckafka99

Dragonstomper

• 961 posts

Posted Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:16 PM

Anybody running CoolCV on a PI ZeroW? I am running it but I seem to have the 'sound stuttering'/slow down issues mentioned earlier. I have updated the Pi setup script and updated the binary as suggested on the RetroPie forums but no changes to the issues.  I am just wondering if the PiZero just cant handle CoolCv, although it does handle a lot of other systems quite well. RetroPie version is the latest.

#427 intvdave OFFLINE  

intvdave

Dragonstomper

• 694 posts

Posted Sat Apr 29, 2017 4:48 PM

Anybody running CoolCV on a PI ZeroW? I am running it but I seem to have the 'sound stuttering'/slow down issues mentioned earlier. I have updated the Pi setup script and updated the binary as suggested on the RetroPie forums but no changes to the issues.  I am just wondering if the PiZero just cant handle CoolCv, although it does handle a lot of other systems quite well. RetroPie version is the latest.

I heard the PI 1 does not handle CoolCV. Is the Zero similar in performance to the PI 1? If so, you may want to use AdamEM or AdvMESS.

#428 mckafka99 OFFLINE  

mckafka99

Dragonstomper

• 961 posts

Posted Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:16 AM

I heard the PI 1 does not handle CoolCV. Is the Zero similar in performance to the PI 1? If so, you may want to use AdamEM or AdvMESS.

It's been a while since I've had my PI1 out so I dont recall if I had Coleco running on it via CoolCV.  As I tend to run only older systems (<=SNES), the PiZeroW seems to handle most everything decently. Perhaps I'll try AdvMess as I am using that for Bally Astrocade (and will try Fairchild when I get the chance.)

#429 RetroGamer78 OFFLINE  

RetroGamer78

Combat Commando

• 1 posts

Posted Mon May 8, 2017 4:59 PM

Hopefully someone can help, i need help setting up controls on my barcade, i can get everything working except up and down. using a sanwa joystick with zero delay usb encoder with a 5 pin wire connector. can anyone help getting up and down to work?

#430 PlFwq OFFLINE  

PlFwq

Combat Commando

• 4 posts

Posted Fri May 12, 2017 12:01 PM

I am currently running and playing games on CoolCV using a Raspberry Pi version 1

The only thing I don't know how to do is how to set multiple controller keys to exit or save.  For instance pressing START and SELECT to save.  I can only map one key to do a function, not map two keys to be pressed simultaneously to preform a function.

Edited by PlFwq, Fri May 12, 2017 12:30 PM.

#431 PlFwq OFFLINE  

PlFwq

Combat Commando

• 4 posts

Posted Fri May 12, 2017 12:30 PM

In RetroPie

Can I save more than one game in /var/tmp

For example if I'm playing ZAXXON and press F1 it will save the game.

But then when I go play another different game, say TARZAN, and then press F1 to save TARZAN, then the save will over-write my ZAXXON save.

I have only one save slot.

Can I do anything about that??

#432 PlFwq OFFLINE  

PlFwq

Combat Commando

• 4 posts

Posted Fri May 12, 2017 5:19 PM

In RetroPie

Can I save more than one game in /var/tmp

For example if I'm playing ZAXXON and press F1 it will save the game.

But then when I go play another different game, say TARZAN, and then press F1 to save TARZAN, then the save will over-write my ZAXXON save.

I have only one save slot.

Can I do anything about that??

I found an answer on another site, to the question I asked above, so I'll just share the answer here: NO, you can't save more than one slot.

From what someone else told me on reddit

"It's not a libretro (RetroArch) emulator so it doesn't support multiple save files. It's really only saving a temporary "restore point" as such."

#433 intvdave OFFLINE  

intvdave

Dragonstomper

• 694 posts

Posted Fri May 12, 2017 6:16 PM

I found an answer on another site, to the question I asked above, so I'll just share the answer here: NO, you can't save more than one slot.

From what someone else told me on reddit

"It's not a libretro (RetroArch) emulator so it doesn't support multiple save files. It's really only saving a temporary "restore point" as such."

How about writing a shell script that will save the save game as the name of the game? When the script starts, it would rename the save state as the default name.

#434 nanochess ONLINE  

nanochess

River Patroller

• Topic Starter
  • 4,587 posts
  • Coding something good

Posted Yesterday, 8:45 PM

Wow! one year without updates, I had to do something ;), check first post :grin:

Raspberry version still to be updated, somehow I managed to destroy my test monitor.

v0.6.5 May/25/2017  o Corrected bug where Sammy Lightfoot would get stuck
                      after title screen.
                    o Adjusted timings for several Z80 instructions.
                    o Added VDP 4K mapper emulation.
                    o Added VDP register access in range 0xc000-0xffff.
                    o Added undocumented VDP modes, now covered all
                      combinations of mode setting (R0 1 bit + R1 2 bits)
                    o Windows version now can switch to full screen using
                      Alt + Enter.
                    o Mac OS X version now have shortcut Cmd + Ctrl + F
                      to switch to full screen.
                    o Allows to configure joysticks for controllers.
                    o Saves full screen state (when used with shortcut)

#435 mumbai OFFLINE  

mumbai

Dragonstomper

• 668 posts

Posted Yesterday, 8:55 PM

Wow! one year without updates, I had to do something ;), check first post :grin:

Yay!

Unfortunately, drag-and-drop of .rom files for v0.6.5 on macOS 10.12.5 (Sierra) == insta-crash.

Want the error report log?

ETA: To clarify, dropping .rom files onto the window crashes out the application instantly. Dropping onto the .app icon in the dock loads the .rom without issue. For whatever reason, I figured dropping onto the window would also work ... guess not. Should it? If not, can the window not serve as a drop target to prevent frustration?

Edited by mumbai, Yesterday, 9:02 PM.

#436 nanochess ONLINE  

nanochess

River Patroller

• Topic Starter
  • 4,587 posts
  • Coding something good

Posted Yesterday, 9:01 PM

Yay!

Unfortunately, drag-and-drop of .rom files for v0.6.5 on macOS 10.12.5 (Sierra) == insta-crash.

Want the error report log?

Pretty surprising :o, yes of course, please can you test the older 0.6.4 version?

#437 mumbai OFFLINE  

mumbai

Dragonstomper

• 668 posts

Posted Yesterday, 9:04 PM

Pretty surprising :o, yes of course, please can you test the older 0.6.4 version?

Sorry, I was editing my original post to clarify what led to the flameout. Here are the added details, again:

"ETA: To clarify, dropping .rom files onto the window crashes out the application instantly. Dropping onto the .app icon in the dock loads the .rom without issue. For whatever reason, I figured dropping onto the window would also work ... guess not. Should it? If not, can the window not serve as a drop target to prevent frustration?"

#438 nanochess ONLINE  

nanochess

River Patroller

• Topic Starter
  • 4,587 posts
  • Coding something good

Posted Yesterday, 9:27 PM

Sorry, I was editing my original post to clarify what led to the flameout. Here are the added details, again:

"ETA: To clarify, dropping .rom files onto the window crashes out the application instantly. Dropping onto the .app icon in the dock loads the .rom without issue. For whatever reason, I figured dropping onto the window would also work ... guess not. Should it? If not, can the window not serve as a drop target to prevent frustration?"

Hmmmm! Libsdl is handling the window, I guess I need to ask in the forums.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Colecovision, Emulator, Mac, Windows

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users